Hybrid Backup Sync - Not all folders can be backed up

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
MaschinenCode
Starting out

Hybrid Backup Sync - Not all folders can be backed up

Post by MaschinenCode »

Hi,

I have a question regarding the behavior of the Hybrid Backup Sync application and which folders can be backed up. When I launch the application I can successfully create a job for a local backup of a folder in my /share directory. The folder I can select in the GUI has the path /share/Projects and this is actually a symbolic link to CACHEDEV1_DATA/Projects/. When I run this job manually a real copy of the data this symlink points to is created in the specified location, so everything is fine with this job.

When I want to create a new job for backing up another directory with the same properties, e.g. /share/foo which is a symbolic link to CACHEDEV1_DATA/foo/, the job does not create a real copy of the data referenced by this symlink. I am really stuck here as the job is cerated in the same way as the first job that is actually working.

Furthermore I cannot see all my folders on the NAS in the GUI when I want to create a new backup job. E.g. I can see a folder in /share/bar on the shell, but this folder is invisible in the GUI of the Hybrid Backup Sync application. The access rights for this folder are exactly the same, as for the folders I can see and select for a backup. So I am also stuck here, as I have no idea what to check to make the folder visible in the GUI.

A restart of the system did not solve the problem.

Any help on the mentioned topics is appreciated!
scknet
New here

Re: Hybrid Backup Sync - Not all folders can be backed up

Post by scknet »

Following.
I do have the same problem regarding the /web folder.
I want to do a sync job between a /web/folder to a backup folder on the NAS, but cannot find the folders in /web in Hybrid Backup Sync.
The /web folder is the only one I cannot do a backup from.
Whats up with that ???

Please help
cybersnoid
First post

Post by cybersnoid »

I solved the issue renamming shared folder to temporal name, and renamed again to the original name.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Backup & Restore”