Hybrid Backup Sync - Problem opening app

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
dsletten
New here

Hybrid Backup Sync - Problem opening app

Post by dsletten »

Using Hybrid Backup Sync on my QNAP TS-212 - have been working fine, but now I am not able to open the app when administering my NAS.

All other apps are opening fine, but when I try to open Hybrid Backup Sync nothing happens ...

HBS version 2.1.180207 and my NAS is on QTS 4.3.3.0404

Can someone help on this??

/ Dan
fapel
New here

Re: Hybrid Backup Sync - Problem opening app

Post by fapel »

I am having the same issue. When I click on the app, nothing happens. TS-809PRO QTS 4.2.6
dsletten
New here

Post by dsletten »

fapel wrote:I am having the same issue. When I click on the app, nothing happens. TS-809PRO QTS 4.2.6
Glad to hear, that I am not the only one - hoping for a solution, because I need access to the settings ...

/ Dan Sletten
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

Works here on a Qnap TS-459 Pro II running QTS version 4.2.6 build 20171208 and HBS version 1.3.170914.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
dsletten
New here

Post by dsletten »

UPDATE - problem solved when I just now received notice of an update to HBS version 2.1.180327.

Now the app opens and works fine again :-)

/ Dan
ADM-ODB
New here

Post by ADM-ODB »

Had the same problem / solution as dsletten. Now have additional problem; may be related to sketchy Hybrid Backup Station code; starting new thread titled "Hybrid Backup Station Can't See Backup Jobs After 2.1.180327 Update"
TS-453 Pro | QTS 4.3.4.0537
kruggerpl
First post

Post by kruggerpl »

I have the same issue on my old TS-112. Sync jobs are still executed, I just can't open the app. It's the lates version and issue still persists.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

kruggerpl wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:39 pm I have the same issue on my old TS-112. Sync jobs are still executed, I just can't open the app. It's the lates version...
So what exact version do you have? Is it really the one that solved the issue for the others more than a year ago?
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Backup & Restore”