"Not all extended attributes are copied"

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
TimRideout
Know my way around

Re: "Not all extended attributes are copied"

Post by TimRideout »

Thanks for the tip - I already have that setting enabled (even though I have no SymLInks on my computer...). I still receive the error.
sadsak
New here

Post by sadsak »

This is an old thread, but I am posting this to help the next person who has this issue.

The detail logs for HBS3 are in "/etc/qsync/logs/detail". Look in that directory and you will see exactly what the problem file(s) are.

For me, it was files with an embedded ":" in their name that were causing issues when backing up to NTFS from EXT4.
Nexolek
First post

Post by Nexolek »

sadsak wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:50 pm This is an old thread, but I am posting this to help the next person who has this issue.

The detail logs for HBS3 are in "/etc/qsync/logs/detail". Look in that directory and you will see exactly what the problem file(s) are.

For me, it was files with an embedded ":" in their name that were causing issues when backing up to NTFS from EXT4.
You just saved my sanity. Same thing here, a singe file with an unsupported character in the name. The detailed logs should REALLY be viewable from within the app itself.
robinwillems
Starting out

Post by robinwillems »

sadsak wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:50 pm This is an old thread, but I am posting this to help the next person who has this issue.

Same here, thanks for poiting to the right logs location!
lexvo
Know my way around

Post by lexvo »

I found the log files, but how do you find the files which cause issues? I've searched for things like "error" and "warning" but found nothing. In my case the log files are 8,000 and 50,000 lines, too much to wade through. Or does it mean I have 8000 or 50000 files with issues?
TS-453Be with FW 5.1.5.2645 build 20240116, 4GB RAM, 4x WD Red 4TB RAID 5
sadsak
New here

Post by sadsak »

lexvo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:56 pm I found the log files, but how do you find the files which cause issues? I've searched for things like "error" and "warning" but found nothing. In my case the log files are 8,000 and 50,000 lines, too much to wade through. Or does it mean I have 8000 or 50000 files with issues?
After you cd to the log dir, try --

grep "WARNING: Skip" *

or

grep "Unsupported filename" *
lexvo
Know my way around

Post by lexvo »

sadsak wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:37 am
lexvo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:56 pm I found the log files, but how do you find the files which cause issues? I've searched for things like "error" and "warning" but found nothing. In my case the log files are 8,000 and 50,000 lines, too much to wade through. Or does it mean I have 8000 or 50000 files with issues?
After you cd to the log dir, try --

grep "WARNING: Skip" *

or

grep "Unsupported filename" *
Thanks. Yes I did a search like that, though in vi (of course grep is fine for that too). I started a separate thread and I found out that the cause of the problems was that I had my drive HFS+ formatted. I reformatted it in EXT4 and the problem was solved.
TS-453Be with FW 5.1.5.2645 build 20240116, 4GB RAM, 4x WD Red 4TB RAID 5

Return to “Backup & Restore”