Export Hybrid Backup job definitions

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
nbaxley
New here

Export Hybrid Backup job definitions

Post by nbaxley »

I recently created some more complex job sets in the Hybrid Backup tool. Is there a way to export those job definitions so I have them backed up in case I need to recreate them in the future? Of course I'd need a corresponding import process to get them back in.

I'm on a QNAP TS-251 if it makes a difference
Thanks,
Nate Baxley
kepilif
New here

Re: Export Hybrid Backup job definitions

Post by kepilif »

I do not have a clue. I would like to know too. A similar possibility would be for qfiling.
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

I suspect they are saved in the Control Panel (save config option).
Are you willing to do the forum a favour and test it?
Create a new HBS job, then backup your config.
Delete the job, then restore the config. Does the job come back?
cecoates
Starting out

Post by cecoates »

So no one seems to have confirmed/tried this since the OP, but I tried it and using the QNAP Backup/Restore to export your NAS settings DOES save your Hybrid Backup Sync Job Definitions.

Unfortunately, not all your customization are saved in the QNAP Settings backup file.

For example, your desktop shortcuts aren't saved, you'll have to redo those. That's fairly minor.

But something worth giving pause to is Restoring a settings file re-enables the awful Multimedia Console, no matter what your original settings are. That's an annoying (and probably intentional) oversight.

That means after taking the time to Restore and waiting for the NAS to reboot, the Multimedia Console will re-enable itself, start indexing your files and thrashing your drives, and you'll have to jump through the same hoops you originally did to disable it/delete the thumbnails/cached data/all the other annoying useless crap Multimedia Console does.

Food for though on if that's worth it to you, if you ever find yourself needing to restore your Hybrid Sync Jobs. In some cases it may just be less of a pain to manually create the job definitions again.

Return to “Backup & Restore”