Does "Reinitialize NAS" wipe my HDDs?

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
OneCD
Guru

Re: Does "Reinitialize NAS" wipe my HDDs?

Post by OneCD »

Oh cool, I didn’t know QNAP had added a terminal to QTS. :geek:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
andre85
Starting out

Re: Does "Reinitialize NAS" wipe my HDDs?

Post by andre85 »

Quick update:
I gave up on the chmod part to fix ssh, because I think it might be faster to just start all over again and maybe not making mistakes I did also in the past :)
Since option 2 (reset settings) was the "most unlikely to remove something I don't want to be removed option", I was trying this option first. And it did it's job. SSH is working again.
All apps and settings are gone (as expected), but all data is still on my HDDs. So I guess mission is accomplished and I'll just have to recreate everything all over again.

-edit-
It's still weird... My docker containers (bitwarden) aren't working: Failed to initialize CoreCLR, HRESULT: 0x80004005
Also tried reinstalling bitwarden, doesn't work either.

Within the AppCenter, pictures are missing:

Any idea how this comes? The NAS seems to be back to stock, but some parts are just not working.

My gf will be gone for quiet some time from Wednesday on - might try the 10sec push button method when she's gone and I couldn't find a solution.

-edit2-
Bitwarden is working. App Center still doesn't, but I don't really care :) Now it feels more like it's working fine :D

Return to “Backup & Restore”