Skipped Files - HBS3

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
FLS_Nick_Mahlitz
Starting out

Skipped Files - HBS3

Post by FLS_Nick_Mahlitz »

Is there a way to get the list of skipped files when a Hybrid Backup Sync Version 3 runs a backup job?
AdrianW
Know my way around

Re: Skipped Files - HBS3

Post by AdrianW »

Did you ever get an answer to this?

I'm just running a sync NAS to NAS using HBS3 for the first time (I previously used the old backup tool for NAS to NAS sync). HBS3 is skipping files (over 3000 so far) even though I have "Don't Apply Filters" and "Include hidden files and folders" both selected and "Exclude system-generated temp files" unchecked - which I would assume means it should copy everything.

-edit-

I just stopped and restarted the job - and now it's skipped a lot more, so it appears to count files as skipped if they're already at the destination.
TS-853 Pro; TS-859 Pro; TS-409
P3R
Guru

Re: Skipped Files - HBS3

Post by P3R »

AdrianW wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:59 pm ...it appears to count files as skipped if they're already at the destination.
Yes.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Backup & Restore”