HBS Back-up with version control

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
BitSquad
New here

HBS Back-up with version control

Post by BitSquad » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:37 am

Okay, I feel like I'm missing something here, but I can't find any possible way to set up version control with an HBS backup. For now I'm just trying to make it back up to a local folder once a day, but version control is really important. I've been able to create a local backup job, a backup job to another NAS, and I've managed to restore a backup, but I don't see version control options anywhere in the software.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

P3R
Guru

Re: HBS Back-up with version control

Post by P3R » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:16 pm

HBSversioning.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

BitSquad
New here

Re: HBS Back-up with version control

Post by BitSquad » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:11 pm

I figured it had to be something simple! I don't know how I missed that option after going through the menus multiple times.

Thank you!

Return to “Backup & Restore”