HBS 3 for GoogleDrive Sync - doesn't seem to complete Sync, ever.

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
iainmc
New here

HBS 3 for GoogleDrive Sync - doesn't seem to complete Sync, ever.

Post by iainmc »

I've just (been forced) to set up HBS 3 for Google Drive Sync after upgrading to QTS 4.5.1 (as GoogleDriveSync app doesn't have a valid certificate, so QTS 4.5.1. has disabled it).

I "think" it's working from examining the syc'd files in QFILE, but I'm the HBS 3 Sync status never completes (prermanently "running"), and I'm seeing a continuing background task for HBS 3; the logs never show a "completed" status of the job.

It's a two way sync (I probably don't need two way, could change to a one way sync (Google Drive to NAS), but but maybe some day I'll change a file on the NAS, so I'm happy to leave it that way for now unless it's affecting things badly.

Initially set it up as a real time sync, but after a few hours I changed the job to a daily one at 3am, to see if that helped, but it's still there, so I stoped the Sync, and changed it back to a realtime sync again.

The Background Task says the Sync status on HBS3 is "waiting" but inside HBS 3 it shows as Sync: "Running" as has done for 12 hours now even though all the files from Google Drive appear to be present on the NAS

Is this normal?

Cheers
Iain
nmclean
First post

Re: HBS 3 for GoogleDrive Sync - doesn't seem to complete Sync, ever.

Post by nmclean »

I have the same issue with the two-way mirror, have you found the answer?
Or would you happen to know a solution for one-way sync from G-Drive to QNAS?
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I run 6 cloud backup jobs and I have checked my HBS3 Alarm logs. There were 7 job status [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Sync Job errors;
2020/11/27 - Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible
2020/11/27- Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible

2020/11/08 - Cloud storage service unavailable

2021/01/16 - Disk error. Check NAS disks
2021/01/16 - Disk error. Check NAS disks

The good news is that all 6 jobs completed this morning. Perhaps the cloud storage errors were down to issues with Google Drive and the others down to issues one-off QNAP issues as my Disk health is showing a Good.
kukrapok
Starting out

Post by kukrapok »

Same here (QTS 4.5.2.1566), any sync job (QNAP <-> Google Drive both ways, whatever it's scheduled or not) will never really run.
Once, it has started sync'ing few megabytes then nothing, but later attempts just sync'ed zero, even after few hours.
TS-451A + 4x10Go (Seagate Iron Wolf), TS-251A + 2x10Go (Seagate Iron Wolf)
nbaxley
New here

Post by nbaxley »

I'm having similar issues with Glacier for the last month. Has anyone found more information?

Return to “Backup & Restore”