HSB 3 can not sync data to the backup NAS on other subnet

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
longtran289
New here

HSB 3 can not sync data to the backup NAS on other subnet

Post by longtran289 »

Hello,
I have 02 new NAS TS-8703U-RP running on the firmware version 4.4 .3.1400 (2020/08/17), but it is very strange that these 02 NAS can not detect other NAS on my backup site (difference subnet)
while my very old NAS TS-859 can do it.
That's why after replacing the new NAS, I can not sync data from main site to backup site like before,
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Long
P3R
Guru

Re: HSB 3 can not sync data to the backup NAS on other subnet

Post by P3R »

I have never heard of TS-8703U-RP. Maybe it's a TS-873U-RP?

Without information about the networks and the connection between the sites it's impossible to make any qualified suggestions.

The only thing possible is to guess wildly so I say that you have the default gateway set incorrectly on the new gear.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
longtran289
New here

Post by longtran289 »

sorry, that is my mistake, the correct is TS-873U-RP
I have 02 NAS on the main site (one is old NAS TS-859U, one is new NAS TS-873U-RP) , and 1 new NAS at the backup site
It is very strange that the old NAS TS-859 can connect, sync data (RTRR, RSYNC, FPT, SMB) to the NAS on backup site , but the new NAS TS-873U-RP can not connect or detect other subnets
I don't know why, just make sure all subnets be able to connect each other
Anyone can help?
Thanks so much
Long
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

I assume this is all within your corporate network and I'm pretty sure that it's a networking problem rather than a Qnap problem. Check your network settings carefully, particularly the default gateway and compare them between the old and new Qnaps. If you need help with understanding it, show us the networking settings of both your local Qnaps.

If you have that much control and is allowed to do that, you could swap IP settings between the systems as a test. Warning! Don't try this unless you know exactly what you're doing and is allowed to do that, you could get both systems banned and locked out of the network!

If your network settings are okay, you need to contact your IT networking guys and ask them if there are rules in place designed to prevent traffic between those addresses.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
StardustOne
Know my way around

Post by StardustOne »

I cannot even set up an RSYNC job with my QNAP NAS, all it does is RTRR but this is not useful for me because I want to do RSYNC. How can I create an RSYNC job for the QNAP NAS?

Return to “Backup & Restore”