HBS 3 ver 14.0.1215 gets bogged down at 5%

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
OneCD
Guru

Re: HBS 3 ver 14.0.1215 gets bogged down at 5%

Post by OneCD »

gumyneitor wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:55 am Hola a todos.
Hello, this is an English-language-forum only. Thank you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
gumyneitor
New here

Post by gumyneitor »

(Now in English, for people who don`t know how to use translators in the 21st century that are so simple.) :lol:

Hello everyone.

First of all I introduce myself for being new to this forum, and secondly I apologize for my English is very bad.

Looking for information about this problem of HBS3 error 113 with the latest updates, I have started to investigate and I have found a solution that I hope will help you.

It seems that since the last update it does not connect with the remote RTRR server, which starts the backup but does not pass 4-5% and gives error 113.

Reviewing the configuration I have entered that changing the host name of the remote server by the IP, editing the backup task schedule, and if it works, so it is a problem that the new version does not resolve the name and you have to use the IP to connect with the remote.
Editing this you give it approval and it connects to the remote.

Give it a try and I hope it helps you.

(Thanks google translator and translator extension for Chrome, you make me my life better and simply)

Greetings.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

gumyneitor wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:43 pm (Now in English, for people who don`t know how to use translators in the 21st century that are so simple.)
Instead of all readers making the translation to English it's much more efficient that the author do it before posting in an English-speaking forum. Expecting other people to do it for you suggest arrogance and rudeness and this comment unfortunately does nothing to improve that first impression. :cry:

I wish you better luck with your posts here in the future.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
philipellis
Starting out

Post by philipellis »

Having given up on the OneDrive/HBS combination for the moment, I can confirm that having installed CloudDriveSync_2.1.440_x86_64.qpkg on my TS-453mini, I am once again able to sync with OneDrive.
Not as pretty as HBS, but at least it works!
alokeprasad
Easy as a breeze

Post by alokeprasad »

Any idea if versioned backups created with CloudDriveSync will work seamlessly with the ones created later by the updated/fixed HBS (whenever that is released)?
NAS: TS-453Be
RAM:Crucial 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM CT2KIT51264BF160B
QTS: 5.1.4
HDD's: RAID 6: Four 8TB WD Red (WD80EFAX)
USB HDD: One 12 TB WD Elements (WDBWLG0120HBK-NESN)
Switch: Netgear GS108
philipellis
Starting out

Post by philipellis »

My experience is that CDS and HBS are completely independent. I think whenever HBS is fixed, you'll need to go through a 'priming' exercise.
livefeed
Starting out

Post by livefeed »

I have this going on too, qnap please fix.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

livefeed wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:14 am I have this going on too, qnap please fix.
This is a user community, not a channel for communication with Qnap. Nothing at all will be fixed until you and others that have the issue open a case with Qnap support and report the problems you have.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
gedonis
Starting out

Post by gedonis »

Similar (but not identical) problem

I am using HBS 3 Hybrid Backup Sync for syncing from QNAP NAS to external USB 3.0 storage. Today I started one-way sync task and found that the status of HBS 3 Hybrid Backup Sync is freezes at 5%. Previously I did sync in October 2020 and there were no problems.

i think this a problem of non-informing of the right status. I checked the external drive and seen that files are copied from NAS to Drive with good speed. But HBS 3 is showing 5% and this percentage is not changed for hours. It a minor bug, but it should be fixed in any case.

I am using latest versions of QNAP firmware (v 4.5.2.1594) and HBS (v 15.1.0225)
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

gedonis wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:25 pm I checked the external drive and seen that files are copied from NAS to Drive with good speed.
The 5% may only be a cosmetic bug but for those that have this problem it doesn't copy with good speed. With many small files being copied the job become extremely slow (about 4-5 seconds to copy each small file). The workaround I used was to restart the job, then it speed up again. Once the initial huge bulk copy have been done the jobs work normally again.

My experience come from about 4-5 TB (+800k files) in versioned backup jobs (no QuDedup) to local external disks and other Qnap servers so using the RTRR protocol. Other types of job, protocol and destinations may be different.

gedonis
Starting out

Post by gedonis »

I solved the problem by myself by 4 steps:
1) Deleting old sync task and creating a new one
2) Deleting old filed on my external USB drive (which i used as recipient when syncing one-way)
3) increased log file from 10mb to 50 mb
4) Defragmentation and checking USB drive using MS Widows internal tools (Now sync speed increased and "frizzing at 5% problem" disappeared also.
gedonis
Starting out

Post by gedonis »

Speed is slow again.. and freezing at 14%. Only 1.46 Tb synced after 9 hours via USB 3.0 connection.Image
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

gedonis wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:05 am Speed is slow again.. and freezing at 14%.
The workaround that at least improved the slowdown-situations for me was to stop the job and restart it.
Only 1.46 Tb synced after 9 hours via USB 3.0 connection.
According to your screenshot, you have a total of 1.46 TB with a whopping +900k files (even more files than I have in +4 TB). I'm guessing that you have larger files as well in that data set so it look that you may have a lot of the small files as well that I mentioned is an issue for HBS nowadays. So far your job have only processed 213.41 GB (+80k files) of your data set and in that screenshot it's working on one of those very small files (173 KB).

gedonis
Starting out

Post by gedonis »

After restarting the sync Job, Total transmission sped is very low again - less than 2 MB/s

In October 2020 HBS synced 100% (10 Tb) in 12-16 hours
In March 2021 HBS synced less than 5% in 12 hours
Nothing changed seriously in my files

Obviously HBS got a bug since October 2020
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

gedonis wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:03 pm In October 2020 HBS synced 100% (10 Tb) in 12-16 hours
In March 2021 HBS synced less than 5% in 12 hours
Nothing changed seriously in my files
Well I of course know no details but the data set that you sync increased from 1.46 TB to 8.47 TB between your two screenshots.
Obviously HBS got a bug since October 2020
Yes, I don't think anyone here disagree about that something is wrong in HBS currently. As I said earlier though, this user community can't fix bugs, only Qnap can do that. So only if we report our issues to Qnap support, will it ever be fixed. The more of us that start cases with support, the more attention the issue will be given and the sooner it will be fixed.

Return to “Backup & Restore”