HBS Error

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
asinfo2
New here

HBS Error

Post by asinfo2 »

Hi all,
after last firmware update, i have this error.
it's a backup on external drive on USB
Message: [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Sync job: "HDX". Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible. Error code: -50
I can access to HDX from qnap regularly with no problem.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance
jkennedyie
New here

Re: HBS Error

Post by jkennedyie »

Me too.
First time attempting to backup from QNAS TS-251A to new WD 4TB HDD. Very disappointing.

- A "backup" job wouldn't work because not enough disk space somewhere apparently. ~600GB of files on a 2 TB QNAS to empty 4 TB HDD???
- A "sync" job wouldn't allow top level sync, I had to map each NAS folder to manually created folder on the HDD,
- That still didn't work:
Error 2021-02-28 23:06:19 admin 127.0.0.1 Hybrid Backup Sync Job Status [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Sync job: "One-way Sync to <HDDName>". Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible. Error code: -50
jkennedyie
New here

Post by jkennedyie »

It appears one of the following fixed my Error Code: -50 problem with HBS Sync to external HDD:
1. In HBS 3 > Overview I removed all obsolete/disconnected remote storage spaces
2. I reformatted the External Drive using the QNAP NAS (I used NTFS)
3. In HBS 3 > Services > External Devices> USB One Touch Copy I selected Operating Mode = External Storage Drive

Hope that helps.
henryrgold
First post

Post by henryrgold »

QNAP NAS TS-431P2. Backup to external HDD now fails after working previously for more than a year, done monthly. Backup job consistently fails at 2% to 4% complete with error "Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible. Error code: -50". External HDD is accessible via File Station and is not full. External HDD is format NTFS and can be read normally from Windows PC. HSB3 version 15.1.0225. No obsolete/disconnected remote storage spaces, USB One Touch Copy Operating Mode = External Storage Drive as suggested by jkennedyie. I do not want to reformat the external HDD since it already is NTFS.
apbeltran
First post

Post by apbeltran »

I have similar problem exactly as described by henryrgold above. HBS 3 fails after upgrade to Firmware version 4.5.2.1566 build 20210202 and HBS 3 version 15.1.0225. All previous sync were successful until new Firmware was installed. A solution would be appreciated. My NAS is TS-451+.
heroviper
New here

Post by heroviper »

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/arti ... al-devices
According to above. The name of the external hard drive might be change.

I edit the backup job and re-point the destination and then it works.
The name of hard drive changed after I re-point the destination.

Return to “Backup & Restore”