RTRR no longer working

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
DJ Doena
Starting out

RTRR no longer working

Post by DJ Doena »

Something seems to have changed in one of the firmware updates, because I can't get RTRR to work again.

Source: TS-419P II version 4.3.3.1432
Target: TS-251 version 4.5.2.1594

Both firmwares claim to be up2date.

Target NAS can connect to source NAS and browse folder structure in the source NAS during backup configuration.

But when actually running the backup, it claims "Failed to complete sync job. Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible."

This workaround doesn't work because I cannot accommodate my folder structure to one without spaces so easily.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: RTRR no longer working

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

can u check the rtrr server and test if the connection works? in hbs there is a section for filling the rtrr details there. THere should be a test connection. Perhaps the rtrr server connection failed?

if that is the case check the cable.

Or are you perhaps doing this remotely over the internet rather than on lan?

according to here, seems your 419 is still supported for now (albeit on an older qts). You best create a ticket and ask helpdesk for support
https://www.qnap.com/en/product/eol.php
https://service.qnap.com/en

found this, is this related?
Re: #Error All Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible Hybrid Backup Sync
Unread post by browellm » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:22 pm

Had an update on my ticket today. My RTRR server is running on an old TS-212 with 4.33.1432 firmware which is the sync destination. HBS3 jobs are built on my TS-451, the sync source.

Here's the response from QNAP:
Our team has checked.
It is a bug in supporting an old RTRR server; when the destination folder name contains "space", the job will fail with "invalid folder pair".
Our team has tested, created another job "qnap_test" to verify it (destination folder name has no "space"). It passed.

We will fix this issue soon. The workaround is to change the destination folder to be another one without any "space" characters.
viewtopic.php?t=158625#p774815

if that really is the issue you are having, then either you wait for the fix or use a workaround.

i recently did a HBS rtrr one way sync from a ts-877 and a ts-509 pro without issue. i did not get this bug for some reason :' my shares don't use spaces maybe that is why? but some of my folders stored in those shares sometimes have spaces... hm.

is it possible for now you could use an alternative to hbs to do your rtrr sync ? because all you need is to sync the data to backup right? probly look into that?
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
DJ Doena
Starting out

Post by DJ Doena »

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:16 am can u check the rtrr server and test if the connection works? in hbs there is a section for filling the rtrr details there. THere should be a test connection. Perhaps the rtrr server connection failed?

if that is the case check the cable.

Or are you perhaps doing this remotely over the internet rather than on lan?
DJ Doena wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:09 am Target NAS can connect to source NAS and browse folder structure in the source NAS during backup configuration.

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:16 am found this, is this related?

Re: #Error All Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible Hybrid Backup Sync
-->
DJ Doena wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:09 am This workaround doesn't work because I cannot accommodate my folder structure to one without spaces so easily.
DJ Doena
Starting out

Post by DJ Doena »

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:16 am according to here, seems your 419 is still supported for now (albeit on an older qts). You best create a ticket and ask helpdesk for support
https://www.qnap.com/en/product/eol.php
https://service.qnap.com/en
So am I supposed to invest hundreds of dollars for a new NAS from this company to "fix" a bug that QNAP has introduced in their software?

Return to “Backup & Restore”