Constant HBS 3 notifications

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
88Dit
Starting out

Constant HBS 3 notifications

Post by 88Dit »

Strange issue tonight - when I was restarting a TS469 Pro in order to apply firmware update, it hung while restarting. Different issue, gotta go onsite and force it off, fingers crossed. The real issue though is that my TS673 is failing to sync to it now (obviously) and sending me an alert for each failed job every few seconds. I'm getting nearly 1000 an hour.
So I simply stop the sync job in HBS 3. Still getting the emails. Disable the jobs, still getting the emails. Stop HBS 3 app, still getting the emails. Change Notification Center to only send alert for critical alerts (as these are warnings), still getting the warning emails. Disable the notification job, still getting the emails. DELETED MY EMAIL settings in Notification center, yup, still getting the emails. I've rebooted at various points in troubleshooting and I still get the emails. So how in the world do I stop Notification Center from notifying me that (disabled) jobs are failing?
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: Constant HBS 3 notifications

Post by Toxic17 »

I think best solution is find out why your HBS3 sync is failing in the first place. As to 1000 alerts per hour, I'm guessing some obscure setting in the notification Centre is doing this. You did disable ALL HBS events in Notification centre and Global settings HBS stuff?
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
88Dit
Starting out

Re: Constant HBS 3 notifications

Post by 88Dit »

Thanks for your reply. Sync was failing because the destination box hung while rebooting. This was the only alert notification defined, and even after deleting it and deleting the SMTP account used to send alert, i just didn't see why (or how since there wasn't an SMTP account to use) it was still sending alerts. They eventually stopped, but I don't know what setting was changed to finally get them to stop. And now to reverse the process and set it up again....

Return to “Backup & Restore”