Disaster Recovery backup creation in another NAS

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
rizwanmmh
New here

Disaster Recovery backup creation in another NAS

Post by rizwanmmh »

Hi,

My office bought Two NAS TS-451+. 1 will be used for primary data storage and another for some sort of disaster recovery backup. Now, my office has no IT guy and I have a little knowledge to handle such matters. I wanted to know if I connect both NAS through a switch to our Intranet/network, can I use the 2nd device to backup the data of first device periodically? And also set this up such way that only new files are backed up? (using some sort of meta data of files may be).

Which functions of the NAS should I learn to better understand the process. Please guide.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Disaster Recovery backup creation in another NAS

Post by dolbyman »

use hbs3 to push scheduled or automated backups to the second nas

make sure you have offline backups as well..ransomware could wipe or affect both units in your network
rizwanmmh
New here

Post by rizwanmmh »

dolbyman wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:16 pm use hbs3 to push scheduled or automated backups to the second nas

make sure you have offline backups as well..ransomware could wipe or affect both units in your network
By offline, you mean like another device which is not connected to network.. well, can I setup the 2nd NAS somehow so that it is only connected to the 1st NAS and not internet? The only purpose of that NAS would be taking backup, nothing else.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

just a big enough usb hdd would do fine

Return to “Backup & Restore”