[Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible. Error code: -50

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
johk02
Starting out

[Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible. Error code: -50

Post by johk02 »

Hi,

Our main NAS is TS-453P Firmware ver. 4.5.2.1630 HBS3 ver 16.0.0415
We run a version backup every day to a TS-419P Firmware ver. 4.3.3.1432 - HBS ver 2.1.190909

Before Firmware was updated on both units and HBS installed - the backup was working ok. This is an issue after we updated to the latest firmware and HBS3 backup.

However, it now get stuck on 5% with the below error msg.
Message: [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job: "2017_DailyBackup_aadwg2". Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible. Error code: -50

There are no spaces in the name of the shared folders we are backing up.
RAID scrubbing is not scheduled at the same time. https://www.qnap.com/en-in/how-to/knowl ... -to-fix-it

I have another backup job constantly running in the background and mirroring the main NAS. I have disabled this job but the version back-up still fails with the same error.

I have 90days of version history backed up and would not want to restart this backup and loose the history.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

johk
johk02
Starting out

Re: [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible. Error code: -50

Post by johk02 »

Hi,

I should add the backup is run to the TS-419p over RTRR.
Also, I created new version backup job of a subfolder backing up to the same NAS – this seem to be working OK.

When trying to re-link the previous backup job I get the error message “The destination backup data does not support relinking.

Thanks
Johk
sleepy_panda
Starting out

Re: [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible. Error code: -50

Post by sleepy_panda »

Did you find a fix for this I'm getting same error: [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job: "xxxxxxxxxxx". Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible. Error code: -50
TVS-672XT (8Gb)
Firmware: Version 5.0.0.1850
Seagate Iron Wolf drives (raid 5)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe™ M.2 SSD (raid 1) [for system + vms]
johk02
Starting out

Post by johk02 »

Not really.
Was in-touch with the Support and gave them access to the NAS.
Don;t know if they ever did anything - they kept asking me to extend the access for them.

However, it seems to work better now and is more consistent ie not more errors.
I think the reason might be due the Firmware updates on both NAS's
J
sleepy_panda
Starting out

Post by sleepy_panda »

thanks - might have to raise a ticket and in the mean time see if I can find a more detailed log as to what the problem files are.
TVS-672XT (8Gb)
sleepy_panda
Starting out

Post by sleepy_panda »

Incase this might help others who might be troubleshooting these warning messages:

Error message 01: [Hybrid Backup Sync] Finished Backup job “xxxxxxx” with errors. Failed to copy all data and attributes.

Error message 02: [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job: "xxxxxxx". Folder pairs are invalid or inaccessible. Error code: -50

In my case it seemed that Error message 01 was (part) responsible for causing Error message 02 - due to drives disconnecting. I changed a few things and backups are now running smoothly. It's now backed up up some jobs that were initially failing, so one of the things I changed has worked (but not sure which one as didn't isolate/test variables).

1) Discovered the external hard drive was disconnecting during backups unpredictably but thought it could be related to either heat, exteral DVDrom or virtual machines.
(i) Moved external 3.5" docking station near window so make sure it stays cooler
(ii) Disconnected usb3 DVDrom as it powers from the port so was wondering whether the spinups could have demanded power that affected other usb ports(?)
(iii) Turned off virtual machines -> Most likely case was that I was running VMs and was allowing them to access the USBports within main settings. even though I did not authorise access to the external drives (from the selection options in the browser interface) i think that MSWin10 VM would sometimes detect the external drives - which may have caused conflists(?)

2) Changed filter settings in backup to: Exclude symbolic links, Exclude hidden files and folders, Exclude system-generated temp files (saw this suggestion on another thread).
-I downloaded the .csv from the backup job report and it seems the filtered / skipped files are not important (for me) but still figuring out what some of them are/where they came from e.g. shared_folder/.streams/FE/75/0BFD000000000000FF00BD1600000000/:com.apple.quarantine:$DATA -> there were over 30k of these types of files

3) Split up my backup jobs into smaller jobs so it's easier to troubleshoot in future.
-initially I setup the backup job so it would just backup x1 shared folder (with many subfolders) onto the external drive. but now I've set it up so that each of the subfolders are seperate backup jobs. obviously the initial setup didn't cause any of the issues, but splitting up the folders has made it easier for me to manage.
TVS-672XT (8Gb)
GrayTech2021
First post

Post by GrayTech2021 »

There is something rolling around in my brain telling me that there was once an issue with having a space in your file name structure. I am wondering if this is the case with this error. I know that when I renamed one of my files to remove the space, replacing it with an underscore, or no space at all, I did not get those errors again. Until recently, where I just found a new folder with a space in its name structure. Thoughts?

Return to “Backup & Restore”