HBS3: Failed to start a scheduled backup job or data integrity check due to ongoing damaged file repair

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
ocalvo
New here

HBS3: Failed to start a scheduled backup job or data integrity check due to ongoing damaged file repair

Post by ocalvo »

For the past 2 days, HBS has started to fail to backup. Anyone else seeing this error?
What does it mean?
julyusito
New here

Re: HBS3: Failed to start a scheduled backup job or data integrity check due to ongoing damaged file repair

Post by julyusito »

Hi, same error here.
spmazurek
New here

Re: HBS3: Failed to start a scheduled backup job or data integrity check due to ongoing damaged file repair

Post by spmazurek »

I'm also experiencing this issue. I've attempted to manually complete an integrity check to clear the problem, but the job stops. I am able to manually complete a backup. Looks to me like it might be a flag (file) that isn't being cleared.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

HBS 3 Hybrid Backup Sync 3.0.210506 for QTS 4.3.3 and QTS 4.3.4
( 2021/05/14 )
[Applicable Models]
- End-of-life NAS models running QTS 4.3.3 and QTS 4.3.4.

[Important Notes]
- This is a security update for end-of-life NAS models running QTS 4.3.3 and QTS 4.3.4.

[Enhancements]
- Improved code security.
this is the latest and last update for hbs currently.

i did use hbs recently as 22 May 2021, and at the time i did not detect any issues. I was using rsync one way. i also tried active rsync (which is a pull). between a TS-877 qts (latest) and a truenas TS-653a. This was done on the LAN (not remotely online).

i even ran the jobs twice which hbs reported on the 2nd run, 0 file changes. this is usually how i verify that the files were correctly transfered. i even did a manual spot check for 1 or 2 random files just to be sure.

i did not use scheduled tasks, all mine were done as manual jobs which requires me to run a the job manually each time.

so what QNAP model, QTS version/build, HBS build were you using?

make sure you guys report any issues to helpdesk

https://service.qnap.com/

also keep us on the forum updated on how it went or any progress updates in regards to your issues so everyone benefits :'
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

spmazurek wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:42 pm I'm also experiencing this issue. I've attempted to manually complete an integrity check to clear the problem, but the job stops. I am able to manually complete a backup. Looks to me like it might be a flag (file) that isn't being cleared.
so i am assuming the issue is limited to Hbs "backup", and not "Sync" (e.g. rtrr and rsync) within HBS?

I don't use use the "backup" in HBS, and i don't do automated scheduling. Could this be why i have a different result from you guys who are having issues with HBS but i am not?

Or could it be that you guys are using an outdated HBS or QTS or some other combination of the 2? I tested using the latest version of qts and hbs.

report your exact settings to helpdesk so they can figure out what setting exactly is having issues so they can fix it.

But if i had to guess, perhaps this issue is limited to if you used the automated scheduling? can you other guys test when running the same job but using manual rather than having scheduling setup for it? does it work?
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
BalooBearUSA
New here

Post by BalooBearUSA »

I have the same issue.
HBS 3 Hybrid Backup Sync
V17.0.0512

Qnap
TS-453Be
Firmware version: 4.5.3.1697

I've downloaded the debug report from HBS 3, but am not sure which error log file is relevant?

For the last few days, I've been receiving the error notification...

Severity: Error
Date/Time: 2021/06/24 21:23:48

App Name: Hybrid Backup Sync
Category: Custom Job Event
Message: [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job: "Backup 1 to GD May 2020". Failed to connect to cloud storage service after multiple attempts. Check network settings.. Check logs for more information.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to “Backup & Restore”