HBS3 - RTRR server "encountered system error" after latest firmware update

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Cobalt
Starting out

HBS3 - RTRR server "encountered system error" after latest firmware update

Post by Cobalt »

I've updated my QNAP to 4.5.3.1652 and the HBS3 to v16.0.0419. Updates completed successfully and my backup jobs to Wasabi cloud are running fine.

The problem: all of the RTRR sync jobs to other QNAP's stopped working. When I go to HBW3 -> Services -> RTRR Server, I get a pop-up dialog box that sys "ERROR, Encountered system error". I click "OK", try to change RTRR configuration settings, click "Apply" and that same pop-up dialog box comes up.

I've read a Reddit user who says he resolved the issue by removing HBS3 and reinstalling. As I have multiple backup jobs and incremental backup jobs (couple of terabytes to external cloud storage providers) , I'd hate to loose the config and restart all the uploads.

1. is the configuration retained when removing and reinstalling the HBS3 application?
2. is there a cmdline way to fix this issue?
ricolk
First post

Re: HBS3 - RTRR server "encountered system error" after latest firmware update

Post by ricolk »

Same issue. RTRR server is gone disabled and no way to active it again. I`m always getting that error.
KyuuET
New here

Post by KyuuET »

Here as well. I have three NAS, in three different towns and HBS3 sync jobs between them. None of them would start after latest upgrades and while trying to figure it out, noticed the exactly same problem as above. I've got a valid extended warranty on one of them, so if there's no help come start of the week, I'll write up a support ticket. Meanwhile, anyone from QNAP reading this, feel free to ask for additional details / tests.

I've tried reboots as well as restarting only HBS3, no help. Recreating my RTRR jobs is something I can do if that helps with certainty, though of course I'd prefer not to.
robert.wagner
New here

Post by robert.wagner »

Same here. Backup jobs from HBS2 (2.1.190909) to HBS3 (16.0.0419) fail with "[Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job: "Remote Backup 1". Bad port number or service is unavailable. Check connection settings. Error code: -111".

I'm getting the mentioned error and I cannot sync my files from NAS1 to NAS2 anymore. QNAP - HELP!
KyuuET
New here

Post by KyuuET »

Interestingly enough, many of the problems seem to be gone by today. I was going to go through them to document the problem in further detail but all of a sudden most of the previous jobs started running and the RTRR settings are available. Some jobs are still failing and one NAS is still giving the previous errors. Oddly enough, both the functioning remote NAS and the still failing one are the same model, TS-832XU-RP.

Still looking forward to hearing from QNAP.
Ron1963
Been there, done that

Post by Ron1963 »

QNAP is not coming here, this is a community driven user forum. Anybody expecting QNAP doing something about it should open a ticket with them. https://www.qnap.com/en/support-ticket/
1x TS251, 1x TS251D, 1x TS253
KyuuET
New here

Post by KyuuET »

Ron1963 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:37 pm QNAP is not coming here, this is a community driven user forum. Anybody expecting QNAP doing something about it should open a ticket with them. https://www.qnap.com/en/support-ticket/
Naturally. I did mention about making a ticket there. No reason not to toss around ideas and experiences until then.
Ron1963
Been there, done that

Post by Ron1963 »

Sure. Hope robert.wagner and ricolk will create tickets as well. Newcomers think QNAP is monitoring this forum. Which they don't.
1x TS251, 1x TS251D, 1x TS253
Cobalt
Starting out

Post by Cobalt »

I create a ticket as well and at the same time posted here to see if anyone else ran into the same issue.
logshine
New here

Post by logshine »

The same problem in 3 diferent NAS, Rsync fail too, I create a ticket. Waiting for answer...
KyuuET
New here

Post by KyuuET »

On my end, I couldn't wait anymore so I just deleted HBS3 from every system still having a problem, and installed it again. I was able to configure the endpoint again and to my happy surprise, I didn't have to recreate the jobs as long as the source HBS3 NAS was functioning. The remote (target) system just needed to be set up with the same password, then the local (source) just started syncing happily again without configuration changes.

No clue why this happened, perhaps one of us will hear from them yet, but at least there's a slow fix.
fl_dutch
New here

Post by fl_dutch »

Same here - TS-531x and TS-870.

Seems the HBS3 Version on the TS-531X is the problem, since the RTRR configuration on that system states a system error.
Cobalt
Starting out

Post by Cobalt »

KyuuET wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:04 am On my end, I couldn't wait anymore so I just deleted HBS3 from every system still having a problem, and installed it again. I was able to configure the endpoint again and to my happy surprise, I didn't have to recreate the jobs as long as the source HBS3 NAS was functioning. The remote (target) system just needed to be set up with the same password, then the local (source) just started syncing happily again without configuration changes.

No clue why this happened, perhaps one of us will hear from them yet, but at least there's a slow fix.
Glad it worked out for you. Unfortunately for me, it's on the source system which has all the jobs.
fl_dutch
New here

Post by fl_dutch »

KyuuET wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:04 am On my end, I couldn't wait anymore so I just deleted HBS3 from every system still having a problem, and installed it again. I was able to configure the endpoint again and to my happy surprise, I didn't have to recreate the jobs as long as the source HBS3 NAS was functioning. The remote (target) system just needed to be set up with the same password, then the local (source) just started syncing happily again without configuration changes.

Thx for trying this - worked perfect for me too on the TS-531X - only my cloud backup rules are gone - but thats not too much to renew.
grintus
First post

Post by grintus »

Same issue here after last firmware update on TS-431x.
Solved uninstalling and reinstalling HBS3 as mentioned above, then recreating all jobs.

Thanks for the tip.

Return to “Backup & Restore”