Start/Restart RTRR server command line.

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
msmolka
Starting out

Start/Restart RTRR server command line.

Post by msmolka »

I have old TS-410 NAS (HBS 1). I would like to make it working as backup server. I've setup it to start automatically on scheduled time.
Every time it starts RTRR server never works properly:
Enable Real-time Remote Replication Server: The server is not running properly!

It happens every time server starts. The only fix is to Apply button on web interface.

Is it the command line to start server RTRR manually outside web interface? So I would be able to restart it automatically from script?
P3R
Guru

Re: Start/Restart RTRR server command line.

Post by P3R »

Instead of trying to find workarounds for an unhealthy system I would try to reinstall it and make it work as intended. I have an old NAS running HBS 1 as backup server and that never fail to enable the RTRR server on boot.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
luismasdelpino
New here

Re: Start/Restart RTRR server command line.

Post by luismasdelpino »

Hello msmolka,

I have exactly the same problem! "The server is not running properly" every time I try to, and I need to restart it manaully. Have you found any solution?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Luis

Return to “Backup & Restore”