HBS 3: New backup job to remote destination fails. error "libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work"

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
atelier522
Starting out

HBS 3: New backup job to remote destination fails. error "libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work"

Post by atelier522 »

[Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Sync job: "…". Encountered error "libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work"
atelier522
Starting out

Re: HBS 3: New backup job to remote destination fails. error "libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work

Post by atelier522 »

Found this, but can't do anything with it:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/647 ... el-to-work

waiting …
OneCD
Guru

Re: HBS 3: New backup job to remote destination fails. error "libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work

Post by OneCD »

Looks like an application bug. You’ll need to report it to QNAP with a support ticket so they can fix it.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
atelier522
Starting out

Post by atelier522 »

OneCD wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm Looks like an application bug. You’ll need to report it to QNAP with a support ticket so they can fix it.
Yes, seems so. Thanks for your comment.

I already made a ticket.
jimnevers
First post

Post by jimnevers »

Hello

I have same problem

[Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Sync job: "Sync_DataVol4". Encountered error "libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work". Check logs for more information.

Do you have answer?

Best regards
sepit015
New here

Post by sepit015 »

I have the same problem with my TS-859U+ Backup Station after updating to the latest Firmware 4.2.6 Build 20220304
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

If your NAS is not exposed to internet (for access from outside) consider to downgrade to previous version if backup is more important than the security update.
And create also a ticket at QNAP.

Regards
sepit015
New here

Post by sepit015 »

Yes, it is exposed to the internet and backup is also necessary. If they'll not provide a solution, i'll try Hybrid Backup Sync instead of Backup Station.
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

Not sure if HBS is running with these old devices. May be HBS2, I did never check this out myself, at my TS-x59 devices Backup Station is still running.
If you are accessing via internet I hope you have a VPN connection (or myqnapcloud link) and do not use such things like myqnapcloud/portforwardings/etc. etc.

Regards
sepit015
New here

Post by sepit015 »

I found the solution myself:

* Updated firmware on both nas
* Installed HBS (latest version) on both nas
* activated rsync in HBS
* recreated sync jobs on source nas

Return to “Backup & Restore”