HBS3 does not save job settings

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Neofit
Starting out

HBS3 does not save job settings

Post by Neofit »

Hi,

I have an HBS3 job that saves a bunch of directories from the NAS to an attached USB that I've done a while ago, daily at 03:00. It used to work fine. There is no HBS3 update in the app center, so I presume it's the latest version.

What happens now is that I cannot edit the job and save the changes. For instance, I go Edit > Schedule > "No Schedule" > Save. I get the "Loading" hourglass-y popup, replaced a few seconds later by "Loading, please wait" hourglass, then it disappears and I have the same window with the same "Save" and "Cancel" options. If I hit "Cancel" or click on the top-right "X" in the window frame then open it back, no changes have been made. If I hit "Save" again it will do the same "Loading" thing again and again.

Edit: in order to change the settings, I must clone the job then change the settings before finalizing the clone creation. Once created, the clone cannot be modified any longer, unless I make another clone.
P3R
Guru

Re: HBS3 does not save job settings

Post by P3R »

I run the latest version of HBS3, which by the way is 17.0.0512 for my model. I can change the settings of my jobs and haven't seen the symptom that you describe. It sound like the configuration of your HBS3 is in some way messed up.

Please contact Qnap support for assistance.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
RLThomas
First post

Re: HBS3 does not save job settings

Post by RLThomas »

I have experienced the same issue. Wondering if a solution has been arrived at.

Return to “Backup & Restore”