HBS Do not take a snapshot incompatible with snapshot manager retention policy

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
julyusito
New here

HBS Do not take a snapshot incompatible with snapshot manager retention policy

Post by julyusito »

Hi,

I was not protecting any volume with snapshot manager and my HBS backups has uncheck the option "Do not take a snapshot", It means the backup takes a snapshot every time and all files are backed up perfectly.

I was enabled snapshot manager on the volume with a policy to protecting every hour until last 12 hours, but the HBS job start failing with the error:

Code: Select all

[Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job: "Backup_job_name". Disk error. Check NAS disks., 40,1623115806,A200,Hybrid Backup Sync,C002,Job Status,
I think was a problem with my disks until check the logs and all my disk are ok.

Now I have to check the option "Do not take a snapshot" in the job, but this trigger warnings in execution logs like this:

Code: Select all

[Hybrid Backup Sync] Finished Backup job "Backup_job_name" with errors. Check system log for details., 20,1623148239,A200,Hybrid Backup Sync,C002,Job Status,
[Hybrid Backup Sync] Backup job "Backup_job_name": Failed to upload file/folder from "/Dockvols/nextcloud-db/var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile0". The file was modified during the upload. Ensure that the backup data is not modified while a backup job is running., 59,1623147259,A200,Hybrid Backup Sync,C002,Job Status,
It means there are files that not backed up correctly or at least are not consistent

There is a way to use HBS unchecking the option "Do not take a snapshot" in HBS while the snapshot schedule are enable in snapshot manager or even reuse the snapshots taken with snapshot manager?
Maybe the HBS can't take snapshot if the snapshot manager is enabled and has a snapshot retention policy.

Thanks.

Return to “Backup & Restore”