Cannot connect to Acronis for backups...

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Tobarus
New here

Cannot connect to Acronis for backups...

Post by Tobarus »

Hi,

I have a QNAP NAS (TVS-H1288X), and lately I cannot connect to the NAS to start Acronis backups.  In the backup locations, the NAS shows up fine, I could previously connect and make a backup, however, when it's finished, it does not validate because I get the error message "cannot access file".

Now, when I try to make a new backup, I can't even connect to the NAS in authentication (please see screenshot for both types of errors).

Would the Qufirewall or security settings on the NAS be affecting this?  Does anyone have experience with this?

The tutorial here is pretty straight forward, but no success:

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... e-qnap-nas

-I've put the security settings on the NAS to basic and that did not help
-I've turned off Qufirewall completely and no help either.
-Forcing SSL would not have any affect as it only concerns the web brower's encryption?  Either way, I turned it off an no joy either.

Would any with QNAP experience (or otherwise) be able to provide some suggestions or tips?

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
broncogr
Starting out

Re: Cannot connect to Acronis for backups...

Post by broncogr »

Control Panel - WIN/MAC/NFS - Advanced

Disable Kernel Mode SMB.

This was introduced in the latest QuTS firmware

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

DTMCN
First post

Post by DTMCN »

Thank you Tobarus for posting and Broncogr for this little nugget of information. This exact issue has been driving me nuts for the last week. It sure seems that a new feature like that should NOT have been ENABLED by Default. The users that specifically needed that feature could have enabled it for their use and everyone else would not be impacted.
casw1000
Getting the hang of things

Post by casw1000 »

broncogr wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:55 pm Control Panel - WIN/MAC/NFS - Advanced

Disable Kernel Mode SMB.

This was introduced in the latest QuTS firmware

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Broncogr - Thank you for this information. I only noticed that for some reason my backup started to save the image on the local drive, then I noticed that the access denied error. I tried many things, including setting up new user accounts, delete the old file etc. Eventually, I came here and searched for Acronis. BOOM, your answer has fixed my fault. Damn, that was a tad frustrating. Would like to mark as a Thanks. but I dont see the option, so please accept my written thanks instead.

Colin.
Princeplanet
First post

Post by Princeplanet »

Thank you! This was driving me crazy. I recently moved, and I thought it was my new Internet connection.
Acronis was trying to move me in a different direction.

Sent from my hatch using Tapatalk

Return to “Backup & Restore”