HBS3 & OneDrive cloud service error

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Paul&Joanne
New here

Re: HBS3 & OneDrive cloud service error

Post by Paul&Joanne »

Same issues for me.
OneDrive shows permissions accepted.
HSB3 keeps throwing up error when trying to sync.
:(
QNAP HS251
bigbab
Starting out

Post by bigbab »

same error service cloud since the upgrade in 4.5.4.1723 Vof my TS- 531X :evil:
jom
First post

Post by jom »

same error here 4.5.4 1723
grudi
Starting out

Post by grudi »

Same error here. Support told me that will be fixed in HBS V17.1.0716 or later.
QNAP TS-653D w/ 4 * Seagate IronWolf ST4000VN008 (RAID5), 1 * WD60EFRX-68L0BN1 - 5 Volumes, 2 Storage Pools, 1 NVMe PCIe SSD for Cache Acceleration (r/o), QNAP DUAL M.2 PCIE SSD EXPANSION CARD - FW: QTS 5.0.0 1891
cichmen
New here

Post by cichmen »

Hello,

to whom is asking for alternative, in some cases it could be rclone. "Move" and "one way sync" is woring right. "Mount" function could be challenging because "fuse" module is not part of the kernel modules by default, could be solved by entware, but I have not tried it yet.
herrcafe
Starting out

Post by herrcafe »

Same error here, with the caveat that OneDrive for Business will occasionally backup successfully. HBS 3 can no longer connect to the regular OneDrive (casual OneDrive?).

Running QTS 4.5.3 1670 and HBS 3 V17.0.0512.
--
QNAP 453mini 16GB RAM RAID5 4 x 6TB HGST HUS726060ALA640
QNAP UX-500P Expansion Unit RAID5 5 x 4TB HGST HUS724040ALA640
paulu781
New here

Post by paulu781 »

Fixed for me it seems.
I raised a ticket. Qnap logged on remotely. Then response:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Our RD team has patched the HBS app.
Please verify if sync job to OneDrive works now. Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------
I checked, and it's working currently.

Additional ticket response just below the first one:
----------------------------------
This issue has been verified fixed on later HBS version 17.1.0716
--------------------------------------

However, HBS 3 on my machine reports version 17.0.0512. But it is working. Maybe they patched some files on my machine that do not show the version.
9411john
Starting out

Post by 9411john »

paulu781 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:34 pm Fixed for me it seems.
I raised a ticket. Qnap logged on remotely. Then response:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Our RD team has patched the HBS app.
Please verify if sync job to OneDrive works now. Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------
I checked, and it's working currently.

Additional ticket response just below the first one:
----------------------------------
This issue has been verified fixed on later HBS version 17.1.0716
--------------------------------------

However, HBS 3 on my machine reports version 17.0.0512. But it is working. Maybe they patched some files on my machine that do not show the version.
I suspect that they can remotely modify an app though, personally, I will never give anyone remote access.
I have had my 'Ticket' updated today to say that new version of HBS3 addresses the problem.
Quote:
'The issue will be fixed in a future release of HBS V17.1.0716, I do not have an ETA on this currently but should be any day now.'
The 'no ETA' is concerning. Let's just hope it is soon.
9411john
Starting out

Post by 9411john »

The main thing that annoys me is that most, if not all Onedrive accounts have customer contact details.
If, as we suspect, Microsoft changed something that they knew might affect customers, why did they not instantly let those customers know.
If we could prove that it is definitely a change made by Microsoft we should all raise the issue with them.
Microsoft's lack of any form of good customers relations is why most of my products are Apple; though they have their moments! At least their Helpdesk is, in my opinion, far more helpful than Microsoft.
njf1525
Starting out

Post by njf1525 »

I don't see why Microsoft should have informed customers if they made the change causing the problem. We can still access OneDrive just as we did before. It is QNAP's responsibility to make sure that they keep up with cloud services' changes. At most, Microsoft could have notified businesses they know that make use of their connectors.

I blame QNAP most for not, immediately they were told of the problem by users, having a consistent response to us. All their tech support people should have been able to say they are aware of the problem and working on a fix. Instead, some said reboot, others said other things. No acknowledgement of the issue until the last couple of days.
jms4200
First post

Post by jms4200 »

I received this from QNAP support today:

Hi James,
This is a known bug on the latest firmware. The bug has already been reported and our HQ is working on it, firmware update will be released in late July to patch it.
Thanks,
Clive

It's interesting that he says it will be a firmware update. Isn't that what they usually call a QTS update? ... regardless, the fix will appear in a few days. As to whether it is the responsibility of Microsoft or QNAP all I can say is that interoperability issues between vendors always catch the customers and engineers in the middle. At least they are not pointing the finger at each other!

JMS
Zztopower
New here

Post by Zztopower »

Hi guys,

Notice i had the same problem since last firmware update...

I can config my Onedrive Business account, but not my personal account, giving me the same error.

Strange thing, is that it check the account when trying to config, return the space used in Onedrive, but when you click create, returns the error.

i Send a ticket today...
9411john
Starting out

Post by 9411john »

Does anyone in QNAP talk to anyone else in QNAP?
It appears that you get a different answer depending upon who you hear from.
Some users are told it will be an HBS3 update, now someone is told it will be a firmware update.
Since users were affected whether or not they had updated to the latest firmware. A firmware update does seem strange particularly as all other network functions (e.g. Notifications) were working ok.
I guess we will just have to wait and see.
kindis
First post

Post by kindis »

So I wonder if we have the problem here:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ ... -p/2545529
HBS3 probably uses the email address to list content in OneDrive. If I read the changes correctly this is no longer supported and you must use the GUID of the user.
Now I'm not a developer but I guess that this change was announces by Microsoft a while back and I can find some stuff about this from March of this year so I think QNAP missed this.
Microsoft also did changes to the graph related to auth on the 12th of July so could be connected.

So what I think is going on is that the listing of folders does not work and for this reason the job waits forever more or less.
Makes sense as well as if you try to change a job you cannot list the content.

It's just wait for the fix and I hope it comes this week as my internet connection is going push so much data when this works again :-)
contracn
New here

Post by contracn »

still not working,10 days!!!!!

Return to “Backup & Restore”