HBS3 & OneDrive cloud service error

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
maxman
New here

HBS3 & OneDrive cloud service error

Post by maxman »

I've been backing up to OneDrive for years. Today, the HBS3 syncs jobs are failing. The error is "onedrive cloud service error". I can log into my OneDrive, no problem, it works fine. I deleted my credentials from QNAP HBS3, and tried to re-add the OneDrive connection. It connects, but when finishing the connection, it has an error "cloud service error".

My firmware is up to date.

Any ideas why this is happening?
jamieburchell
Know my way around

Re: HBS3 & OneDrive cloud service error

Post by jamieburchell »

Came here looking for the same answer. Stopped working as of yesterday for no apparent reason. Curiously the Cloud Storage Sync app works - but I want to configure a One Way sync job which doesn't appear to be an option with that app. Why are there so many different cloud apps!?

HBS debug log file has:

Code: Select all

qnap.cloudconnector3.rest.exception.FlaskException: <Response [500]>: {"error":{"code":"InternalServerError","message":"Unable to find target address","innerError":{"date":"2021-07-10T09:35:45","request-id":"1e2ef1e2-62dc-4df3-9a91-xxxxx","client-request-id":"1e2ef1e2-62dc-4df3-9a91-xxxxx"}}}
TS-431P3 | QTS 5 | 4 x 4TB ST4000VN008 HDD | RAID5 | APC Back UPS ES 550G
maxman
New here

Post by maxman »

Hi jamie, what is the Cloud Storage Sync app? I don't see it in my list of apps, nor could find it in search. Looking for another way to sync since HBS3 is still not working today.
jamieburchell
Know my way around

Post by jamieburchell »

maxman wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm Hi jamie, what is the Cloud Storage Sync app? I don't see it in my list of apps, nor could find it in search. Looking for another way to sync since HBS3 is still not working today.
Sorry, it's called "Cloud Drive Sync". I think it's what HBS replaced.

I've opened a ticket with Qnap and attached the debug logs. Hopefully they'll fix it.
weslowsk
New here

Post by weslowsk »

maxman wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:52 am I've been backing up to OneDrive for years. Today, the HBS3 syncs jobs are failing. The error is "onedrive cloud service error". I can log into my OneDrive, no problem, it works fine. I deleted my credentials from QNAP HBS3, and tried to re-add the OneDrive connection. It connects, but when finishing the connection, it has an error "cloud service error".

My firmware is up to date.

Any ideas why this is happening?
Same for me. My daily sync was fine on Jul. 8/21 and stopped working on Jul. 9/21.
I created a QNAP support ticket for it too. :?
maxman
New here

Post by maxman »

jamieburchell wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:29 am
maxman wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm Hi jamie, what is the Cloud Storage Sync app? I don't see it in my list of apps, nor could find it in search. Looking for another way to sync since HBS3 is still not working today.
Sorry, it's called "Cloud Drive Sync". I think it's what HBS replaced.
Oh, I think I remember that, but I no longer have it installed.. and it's not available to installl. PS, problem still exists, but I just opened a 30-day trial of Dropbox, which is working, and then I'm using Multcloud to sync from Dropbox to my OneDrive. So crazy stupid work around, but at least I'm back up and running for now. 30 days to get it fixed because I'm not paying for Dropbox.
gaz8865
New here

Post by gaz8865 »

Same here. It worked at 01:00 GMT on the 9th July, but failed when run at the same time the next day. Running it manually now fails too. Error - "Cloud storage service unavailable. Try again later, or contact your cloud storage provider for details."
bradf99
First post

Post by bradf99 »

To add to other user's experiencing this issue, My cloud service stopped working after the latest firmware update to the QNAP, and it may have actually stopped right before I updated. I had it set for a two-way sync every 30 minutes to my OneDrive business account. It's worked fine for quite a while and now it just reports "Cloud Service Error" when attempting to connect. Google Drive sync still works fine, but OneDrive is Kaput for the moment.
9411john
Starting out

Post by 9411john »

Yet another user here where HBS3 backups to Onedrive have not worked since latest firmware update.
I have tried rebooting several times and can access Onedrive ok from pc so definitely a QNAP problem
Again it only seems to affect Onedrive as have now set up access to Google and Dropbox ok.
What I do not know is whether if Google and Dropbox had already been set up whether they too would now be affected the same as Onedrive.
I have raised a ticket but do not hold out much hope as I had this problem some time ago and did not get a solution.
In the end I manually reinstalled HBS 3 package over existing installation and recreated jobs. It then worked ok.
As i was setting up a new Onedrive account anyway the effort involved was ok.
What I did not get an answer to but have now asked is whether if I do this again and recreate identical jobs using same Onedrive account will they just continue updating existing Onedrive backups or will they start again from scratch.
RobTobs
First post

Post by RobTobs »

Same problem here. But in my case, I did not run the latest firmware update. So, this is probably an issue with HBS all alone.
maxman
New here

Post by maxman »

9411john wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:13 pm I have raised a ticket but do not hold out much hope as I had this problem some time ago and did not get a solution.
In the end I manually reinstalled HBS 3 package over existing installation and recreated jobs. It then worked ok.
I just uninstalled HBS3, restarted the NAS, reinstalled HBS3, tried to set up OneDrive connection, still get the errors. So that did not fix it for me.
Glen_W
New here

Post by Glen_W »

Exact same problem here. Syncing between onedrive and local folders was working perfectly since day 1, but suddenly stopped working and HBS no longer can access onedrive. uninstall and reinstall of HBS doesn't work. Access to google drive is working fine. This is definitely a qnap issue, specific to onedrive. Please post any further insights or solutions, this is quite problematic as like many users I depend on this functionality.
jstore
Getting the hang of things

Post by jstore »

Same issue on my TS-253Be beginning on 7/9/2021
For me, I do not think this is related to a firmware upgrade, as this device has been on 4.5.4.1715 since 7/2/2021 with no prior issue. I have not applied the newer firmware yet.
No problems identified on OneDrive service side, no network issues detected.
I installed QuFirewall on 7/2 and using at basic settings since. I removed QuFirewall, rebooted, and retried OneDrive backup; backup still failed. Not sure I will continue to use it for other considerations, but this issue does not appear to be related to QuFirewall from my "testing".
Ticket created 7/10/2021.
Update 7/15/2021: No change in status. Job still fails. QNAP support requested and received remote access to my NAS. I've done that before with good results. This time, nothing bad, EXCEPT they started sync jobs remotely without asking if running a job was OK with me! I understand wanting to run a failing job to observe what happens, capture new logs, etc (I had already sent HBS logs to them). But I did not like them initiating something without my involvement. Running a job, by its nature, changes things. To me that is little different than applying a patch or changing settings remotely without approval/notification... Yes, I let them know about this...no response yet. (end of rant)
Last edited by jstore on Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jamieburchell
Know my way around

Post by jamieburchell »

I don't think it's firmware update related as mine was working after the latest firmware for my TS-228 and I don't believe I've had a HBS app update recently. If I did, it was working afterwards.

This is probably an issue with Qnap's online connector/service which makes all this work.
Scampy4
New here

Post by Scampy4 »

I also get the same problem with all of my scheduled backups to different Onedrive accounts. Everything was working up to and including 9th July. After that everything fails. This was before I upgraded to the latest firmware today.

Return to “Backup & Restore”