URI Too Long with Office 365 Backup/Email

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
JRPhoto
New here

URI Too Long with Office 365 Backup/Email

Post by JRPhoto »

Hello All,

I recently purchased a Qnap TS-451-DEU for my Photography business, and I'm having issues with Office 365 integration. Whether it be HBS backup to OneDrive or trying to add my email through the notification center.

I always get a "Request-URI Too Long" error. This happens when the Office 365 secondary window pops up and asks for all your credentials. Once I log in and finish with my 2FA I get the error. After that, It forces me to close the window and go back to step one.

Under my Azure Active Directory, I see the success login under the "Sign In" Tab logs.

I've tried multiple browsers, devices, and still get the same issue.

Does anyone have experience with this problem and possibly have a work-around?
JRPhoto
New here

Re: URI Too Long with Office 365 Backup/Email

Post by JRPhoto »

I'm working with support on this issue currently. I cannot be the only one having this issue. Any help would be appreciated.
JRPhoto
New here

Post by JRPhoto »

Firefox, Chrome, iOS, Edge all give the same error. I even opened my Firewall thinking it may be an issue there, And still the same issue.
JRPhoto
New here

Post by JRPhoto »

Still no resolve after HBS update. This happens with all apps that require Office 365 credentials.
JRPhoto
New here

Post by JRPhoto »

I'm really desperate at this point. Does anyone have any type of troubleshooting or even an idea of what's causing my issue? Support seems to take forever.... Just gave them access to my NAS, but that was almost 3 days ago...
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Sorry ..this is a community forum, we cannot fix or troubleshoot qnap apps..apparently QNAP support is already on it

you need to be patient
JRPhoto
New here

Post by JRPhoto »

Lol, So the post about HBS that has 13+ pages of replies is not about an app??
I'm not trying to compare, but simply replying to your reply. Really makes no sense to me.

I'm simply asking for help... And or someone that has dealt with my issue before. That's what a forum is all about.

Going by my posts, this is not APP-related, or possibly is; but anything that has to do with Office 365 gives me this error.

I will be patient, but in the meantime like to update this post as I find more issues or troubleshooting measures that I've tried.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

If QNAP support has already looked at it ..what do you want us to do...?

We can talk about usablitly issues and guides/howtos..but just because a thread has 13 pages does not mean anything constructive is happening..the recent HBS thread had tons of first (and last) time posters adding a "+1" to it ..that doesnt do anything

Only QNAP can fix their apps
JRPhoto
New here

Post by JRPhoto »

Understood,

I have been gathering info from that post and applying those suggestions to no avail. Support has even gone that route to suggesting the update. I simply stated that comment due to you directly commenting on this topic. As stated above, they have not done anything for 3 days now.

Like any other forum, there is no direct support on here, only help from the community. That's why I posted here to see if anyone has had the same issues that I'm currently experiencing.

A forum is here to help others bring their issues and solutions to the table to help others.

To state the issue again, Any app or System APP that uses Office 365, gives me this error.

Google/Gmail works perfectly for email, but I do not want to use that Domain, since it's not tied to my business.
Patrick.K
First post

Post by Patrick.K »

Hello,

I think is not a Problem from Qnap it is a Problem from your MS365 setup.
You have maybe 2fa setup for the user and some Problem with this.
Or you have setup a hybrid AD FS...and there too many re directions.

try another user without 2fa
ptitfils
First post

Post by ptitfils »

Hello,

I meet the same problem on Two different NAS for Onedrive.
Work sometimes with a Non business (personnal) onedrive Account.
But never works with a Onedrive business account (office365 business Standard).

I already check, the probleme does not come from 2FA authentification.
The authentification was successful. After that there is a redirection to an URL on the local nas like : http://nas:8080/http://nas:8080/cgi-bin ... arametters} or /cgi-bin/qpkg/HybridBackup/cgi/save_cookies.cgi?{parametters} the resulting redirection to the local nas URI is more than 9000 chars when we use a OndeDrive Business Account.

Maybe with Personnal account, the authentification result sends back a result that can be used as a parametter for a redirection to send back parametters to the NAS. unfortunatly, for Business account, the authentification result does not send back the same formulated result.

I think Qnap devellopers need to work on that to adapt the authentification processus for a business accout.

Maybe in the past the authentification process was the same..

I bought a NAS to syncronise with OneDrive enterprise.
Qnap businness arguments are lies : THAT NOT WORKS !

I wait for help too ..
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

ptitfils wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:45 am I wait for help too ..
Unless you open a ticket, you will wait forever

Return to “Backup & Restore”