TS-228 recovery

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
magmar45
New here

TS-228 recovery

Post by magmar45 »

Hi
Recently my pc was infected with encrypting virus which also hit my qnap. Not everything on was encrypted on my pc so i think there's most likely stuff on qnap i can salvage but i cannot access it.
Qfinder sees the device but web page doesn't load. I tried to recover firmware by usb recovery guide for TS-228A i found on qnap wiki but it didn't work so i left it for now and started to work on HDDs.
I connected 1 hdd to ubuntu but i know nothing about linux so i abandoned the idea. I found out i could use another qnap so i got my hands on TS-451DeU and connected hdd by usb but i also cannot browse the files.
I attached screenshot from TS-451DeU storage window and 7tb partition is uninitialized and unknown type and should be ext3 or ext4 because that's what ubuntu showed me. Is there anything i can do to mount it or access my files in any other way?
Thanks for any help.

My qnap is TS-228 with 4.3.6.1154 firmware and 2x 8TB hdd RAID1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-228 recovery

Post by dolbyman »

Any idea what hit you?

Usually the most these cryptos can do, is to encrypt the shares of the NAS (mounted at the time on the infected windows system)

was the qnap still working before you did a firmware recovery?
magmar45
New here

Re: TS-228 recovery

Post by magmar45 »

No idea. I managed to recover a lot of stuff with linux reader which was surprisingly easy since i have spent a lot of time to find a way to reach this partition.
I think firmware recovery didn't change anything. As soon as i found whats going on i cut power off from my pc and qnap and after starting it again i couldn't access it. Now when i have my data i will try to revive it somehow.

Return to “Backup & Restore”