Synology cloud station backup

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Venezuelafotos
New here

Synology cloud station backup

Post by Venezuelafotos »

Hello Im a new user of qnap. I used to backup my files to my old synology nas with Cloud Station Backup. It is a backup service that allows you to back up your files from multiple client computers with multiple accounts over the internet to a Nas from synology.

Its a standard free package on the nas and you need a agent on each client where you want to backup files from. I found serveral backup products on the qnap (qsync, hyperbackup, owncloud.) But none are working as easy or free on a qnap. Is somebody havening an idea if there is a simular free or low cost solution on Qnap?
StardustOne
Know my way around

Re: Synology cloud station backup

Post by StardustOne »

You anc use the Hybrid Backup Sync program to sync files using rsync from your QNAP to your old Synology NAS. Although, you will not be able to use the Advanced Settings "Remove additional files in destination folder" found in Rules in a QNAP Sync Job. I tried many times, even gave my rsync user admin rights to the Synology shared folders, no such luck.

If you do not enable "Remove additional files in destination folder" for your QNAP to Synology Sync jobs, they will work.

Since you are a new QNAP user, I would consider to continue working with Synology products. They are easier to work with.
Venezuelafotos
New here

Re: Synology cloud station backup

Post by Venezuelafotos »

Thanks for youre reply. Sorry I didnt write it clear. Im trying to replace my synology for the Qnap. Im looking for a solution where i can create backups of important files on the qnap, with a agent on the client. The agent keeps track and sychronises the files of the client to the qnap.

Return to “Backup & Restore”