hyper data protector over VPN

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
JAM
Starting out

hyper data protector over VPN

Post by JAM »

Hello everyone,

I have and ESXI with some virtual machines in my local network. I installed hyper data protector on my local NAS (same subnet) and it works great to make and restore backups.
Now I would like a remote NAS which is on another site to connect to my local network NAS via VPN and run the remote hyper data protector so it can connect to my local ESXI. Somehow this does not work.

So:

Local NAS= VPN server <-----------> Remote NAS = VPN client. This connection is up and running and works. I see on my local NAS that the connecion is up an running.

I would like to access the local ESXI which is on the same network as the local NAS via the remote NAS.

Can someone shed a light on this? I thought that my local network would be reachable remotely when the VPN connection is running?
I preferably would like to establish the VPN connection in a scheduled way. Such that the remote network is connected to the remote network only for a few hours. Otherwise all traffic of the remote site would always run via my internet connection of my local network.

Return to “Backup & Restore”