HBS3 - BackBlaze B2 and Object Lock

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
clinton84679077
First post

HBS3 - BackBlaze B2 and Object Lock

Post by clinton84679077 »

Hey there -

Hopefully a kind soul here might have an idea to help me (I've contacted both Backblaze and QNAP support directly with no solution).

I have a Backup job using HBS 3 to my Backblaze B2 bucket.

The bucket is taking advantage of Backblaze's "Object Lock" feature (file immutability) - no file changes allowed.

This job is for my photo library backup, and as such no changes will ever take place. It is purely for backup as-is.

All is working well, however a side effect of the backup job is that seemingly with every backup, the process creates 2 files:

'QNAPHybridBackupSync.info' - which as this exists, and Object Lock applies to the whole bucket by default, is simply denied upload.
and
'QNAPHybridBackupSync_full_XXX.db', which is renamed to allow for upload (the XXXs increment by 1 with each backup).

Each 'QNAPHybridBackupSync_full_XXX.db' gets a little fatter each time, as the overall backup job increases in size. My backup job runs once a day, and at this rate the *.db files will = many Gbs over the coming months. Luckily B2 is pretty cheap, but what does annoy me is that the backup reports as having 'failed', resulting in email notification, and more noise when I log in.

All of the photos / videos upload fine - but as the *.info file cannot upload, the job reports as a fail.

I have no need for the *.info file, or the *.db files as if and when I might wish to retrieve the files, I will simply use Cyberduck to download to my local machine. The files are not encrypted.

I hope that all makes sense!

I appreciate any advice anyone may have.
dougitman
New here

Re: HBS3 - BackBlaze B2 and Object Lock

Post by dougitman »

Return to “Backup & Restore”