Qsync keeps popping up on Win 11 taskbar

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Steve62
Starting out

Qsync keeps popping up on Win 11 taskbar

Post by Steve62 »

I'm using Qsync on Winodws 11 as I have bene for some time. For the past few weeks, the Qsync client has been showing up on the taskbar randomly for no reason. Clicking on it does nothing, preview thumbnail appear invisible, but does show the X to close in the top right corner and this works. The client is runnig in the background. Any ideas how to stop this?

Windows 11 Pro, build 22000.918 and Qsync clinet version 5.0.5.0620.
Qnap TS-251D-2G, 2 x 2GB drives in RAID1 on Windows 10.
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: Qsync keeps popping up on Win 11 taskbar

Post by FSC830 »

No Windows 11 here, just running on Win 10. As a workaround: what, if you remove Qsync from taskbar?
My guess is that some replications causing the pop-up as an update notice.

Regards
Steve62
Starting out

Post by Steve62 »

If I remove it from the taskbar, it pops up again at some random point later on. There does not appear to be a pattern to this. It has just ]now done somethign even stranger. I was answering emails using my Outlook client, when I notived something had popped up behind it. when I minimised Outlook, this was how the desktop looked.
Qysnc odd.jpg
If I dragged the mouse over it, differnet parts of the Qsync client window appeared. I coujdl also cloose it using the x once more. I had not had the client open, it had been runnign in the background.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

But this seems to be more an issue with video driver!?
For the pop-ups I would recommend to create a ticket at QNAP support, may there is some incompabiltiy or wrong setting in Win11.
As said, with Win10 at several boxes no issue.

What I have noticed (but not for sure): when my TS-473A shuts down at night and starts again next day Qsync is not able to reconnect by itself. I need to run a "check connection" at client. But this could also due to the QTS 5.0.1 firmware.
At my NAS with FW 4.x I do not have such behaviour, Qsync reconnects when NAS was bootet.

Regards
nameuser
Starting out

Post by nameuser »

Try this version that QNAP support sent me, I have no problem so far

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nrsFOn ... xdT3H/view
Steve62
Starting out

Post by Steve62 »

I raised a ticket with Qnap support and they suggested uninstalling QSync client and reinstalling in a different location (from ...\Program Files (x86)\ to ...\Program Files\. I did this and the odd behaviour has now ceased.
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

Did you an update from Win10 to 11 or was this an installation of Win 11 "from scratch"?
The installation of Qsync client was a default installation or did you change the path during setup?

Anyhow, strange that the path is causing such an issue.

Regards
AleXtreme
First post

Post by AleXtreme »

Same problem here.
New Win11 installation from scratch.
Every few minutes fragments of the qsync client appears on my monitor.....
Off topic, my Qfinder Pro app doesn't open anymore. Double clicking the icon just brings my qsync window fragments back again. :lol:

Very strange behavior.
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

AleXtreme wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:15 pm Same problem here.
Did you try the proposed solution of uninstalling, then reinstalling into a different directory or the linked version from support?

If the issue is the install path, it sounds like a win11 security or permission issue.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
unigene
New here

Post by unigene »

I have exactly the same issue on Win11 since QSYNC version 5.0.5.0620 when it was released a few months back.
- On Win10 it works fine
- On Win11, I rolled back to version 5.0.4.1523 and everything was fine again. However, recently I was forced to update because the old client couldn't connect to the server anymore.
- On Win11 the popups are not random but occur after each start after sleep and hibernate.

I didn't try the installation in a different folder yet as I was hoping that QNAP releases a bug fix soon given the fact that we are several users having the same problem.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Did you open tickets with QNAP though ? Posting here does not alert/inform QNAP of anything.
unigene
New here

Post by unigene »

dolbyman wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:50 am Did you open tickets with QNAP though ? Posting here does not alert/inform QNAP of anything.
Yes I opened a ticket.
nameuser
Starting out

Post by nameuser »

Have you guys tried 5.0.6.0713 from my link above?

unigene
New here

Post by unigene »

Hi nameuser. Honestly I didn't see your link. I thought it was part of your signature. :ashamed:

Today I received the same version 5.0.6.713 from QNAP Support and it resolved the issue for me. They said it will soon be officially released (whatever "soon" means).

So if you don't want to download the file you can wait until the new version gets released.
hotpocketdeath
Starting out

Post by hotpocketdeath »

Sorry to resurrect, but this is really annoying me. I get the same issue every time I start my computer from sleep. Qsync appear on my taskbar and is non-interact-able. All I can do is right-click on it and close it.

I've tried the re-install to program files, I've tried disabling notifications in case something of it was related. I'm even on version 5.0.9 and this has been an issue for a long time now.

Return to “Backup & Restore”