HBS3 - TR004 - Removed folder in backup job

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
flinomartins
Getting the hang of things

HBS3 - TR004 - Removed folder in backup job

Post by flinomartins »

Hi,

Just wanted to be sure of one thing, could someone shed some light on this... I would appreciate it.

I had a Backup job (Not a Sync job) backing up 4 folders to my local TR-004. Meanwhile, in this Backup job, I've changed to just 3 folders (just deselected 1 of the folders), the remaining 3 remain the same .

My question is, will the folder that was deselected in this backup job be also deleted in the TR-004?

Or, will it still remain in the TR-004, but won't be copied/backed up anymore?

Thanks for the help
P3R
Guru

Re: HBS3 - TR004 - Removed folder in backup job

Post by P3R »

That would depend on if you have the Remove additional files in destination folder option enabled or not. If it's ticked then the folder should be deleted.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Backup & Restore”