Hybrid Mount cannot connect to cloud service

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
matday
Starting out

Hybrid Mount cannot connect to cloud service

Post by matday »

Hi,

I have 2 local QNAP NAS backing up to an offsite QNAP NAS.

They both use OpenVPN hosted on the remote NAS to connect and Hybrid Backup Sync uses Hybrid Mount to sync the relevant folders over SMB.

In the past i've randomly had 'Cannot connect to cloud service' and tried all sorts of things to resolve it, but often found that disabling using the OpenVPN as the default gateway and the re-enabling it has fixed the problem.

On one of my NAS its working fine again, but on the other TS-431P 'cannot connect to cloud service' is still there and causing my backup job to fail.

I don't understand what the issue is. I can connect to the remote NAS using its OpenVPN server fine on the other NAS, likewise from my PC and even my mobile and i can browse the folders and files fine that are setup in the Hybrid Mount so it makes no sense.

All NAS are running the latest firmware QTS 5.0.1.2376.

My 2 local NAS are TS-431P and a TS-653D.

All is working fine on the 653D its the 431P that's having problems with Hybrid Mout and the cloud connection error.

The remote NAS is a TS-251.

I've tried restarting the TS-431P and the remote TS-251, no difference, tried disabling using the OpenVPN as a default gateway on the 431 and re-enabling it, stopping and restarting QNAP VPN and Hybrid Mount, but the problem remains.

Please help, it's driving me nuts and obviously one of my daily backups isn't running which is incredibly annyoing....
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Re: Hybrid Mount cannot connect to cloud service

Post by diwiwi »

Just wondering, if you are backing up to/from another NAS, why not using RTRR, instead of mounting the remote NAS folder with HybridMount ?

-
matday
Starting out

Post by matday »

Sorry forgot to mention, RTRR is enabled on the remote NAS. I've not setup a remote NAS backup before and presumed i had to use Hybrid Mount so that i could setup the desination sync folders? Have i missed something or am i doing it wrong, happy to try alternatives if theres a better more reliable method.

It would be handy to have Hybrid Mount working regardless so that i can browse my remote files and backups from my local NAS.

To be honest this backup setup has been working fine for a few months now with the occasional 'cannot connect to cloud service' issue and if its working fine on one local NAS, why not the other?

I'm condfident the remote NAS and connectivy are fine otherwise both local NAS would have problems.

I'm sure there's a bug in either QNAP VPN or HybridMount...
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Post by diwiwi »

Sorry, cannot really advice on HybirdMount actually.

However, you do not need it if you configure a RTRR job to the remote NAS. Only need to set-up the RTRR server.

-

Return to “Backup & Restore”