USB One Touch Copy question

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Maxnor
New here

USB One Touch Copy question

Post by Maxnor »

Hi,

The question is related to the 'USB One Touch Copy' function.
I'm using a 1Gb usb key at work, to store all my day work.
All the applications i use to work are configured to use my USB key as storage, so i don't mind where are my documents...
i only need to plug my usb key to start working..
The risk , of course, is to loose my key, so every evening, when coming back home , i use the 'USB One Touch Copy' function of my TS-219 NAS to save my usb files.
At this stage, all sounds good for me :-)

Explaining this to my wife, she founds that she could also use a similar way of working from a usb key, and of course would also need to backup it every evening.
This is the point : how to avoid her work and my work to be saved at the same place on the NAS ?
let's take an example :
01/01/2010 : My usb key contains 2 folders "1" and "2", my wife usb key contains 2 folders "3" and "4"
Step 1 : i backup my key with the USB One Touch Copy function. So the NAS contains "1" and "2" folders included in a "01012010" folder on the Qusb folder.
Step 2 : my wife backup her key the same way. So now the NAS contains "1","2","3" and "4" folders included in a "01012010" folder on the Qusb folder

How could those two different USB keys be backup on two different folders in the NAS
Ex : 01012010 / Me / 'all my files there'
01012010 /MyWife / 'all her files there'

The only way i found is to have a root directory on my usb key (let's say "ME") and a same one on my wife (let's say 'HER'). Like this, there is a clear way to differentiate what belongs to who :-)

have you other ideas, solutions ?
Regards,
Max;

Return to “Backup & Restore”