TS-109 + Seagate USB.....another issue

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Spirit
Starting out

TS-109 + Seagate USB.....another issue

Post by Spirit »

Having had a few issues over the weekend, I thought my back ups were all sorted.

However, just accessed the USB drive and now no files are showing at all (either in windows explorer or the Qnap Web File Manager)

The USB disk shows the correct amount of disk space left (i.e. it implies everything is still on the disk from the back up). It was formatted in ext3 if that makes a difference ?

Any ideas please guys ?
QNAPJason
QNAP Staff

Re: TS-109 + Seagate USB.....another issue

Post by QNAPJason »

Hi Spirit,
Please try to connect the USB drive in a different USB port. if 109 still cannot automatically mount it, then please contact our Online Tech Support (oor fill out the form) for remote help.
Spirit
Starting out

Post by Spirit »

Ok, sending in the form......sick and tired of the situation now.....have tried everything !
Spirit
Starting out

Post by Spirit »

I had a reply to my tech support form by email on Thursday, advising that you wanted to log into my NAS to check things out......and I replied to confirm this was fine within an hour of receiving it.....and heard nothing since ? !

What I have found since is that if I "unmount" the disk and then unplug it and replug it back in all the files show ! And then did another backup and all worked fine....it simply updated some files I had added. Went back to it a while later and same issue, no files showing ! But the USB disk still shows on my network etc, and the green light on the front of the disk drive is still illuminated green.

Return to “Backup & Restore”