Why do I get hundreds of Error Code 1351 Messages?

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
StardustOne
Know my way around

Why do I get hundreds of Error Code 1351 Messages?

Post by StardustOne »

Hi,

I got hundreds of error code 1351 messages today, when I did a Netbak Replicator backup from my Windows XP system to the Qnap TS-109 server.

This is an example of the error message:

Error 2008/05/08 21:02:59 Failed to back up file "C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxx\My Documents\My Pictures\Fotos\Interlaken 26. Juli 2003\IMG_6981.JPG". Error code 1351: Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied.

I tried to open the picture file, it opens just fine, there is no access violation, why do I get all those errors? The files are not write protected. What is the issue here?

Ok I found the solution, the Qnap TS-109 was doing a replication to my TS-101 while I was doing a manual backup with Netbak replicator and I disabled the "Stop network file services while replicating" in my Replication job. :D

Best regads from Switzerland
Boggle
Starting out

Re: Why do I get hundreds of Error Code 1351 Messages?

Post by Boggle »

Interesting. I had exactly this error condition for the first time this morning whilst doing a back-up. I'm running a TS-109 with build 0614. I was running BT downloads at the time the error occurred. Lost all network connectivity, incl http and telnet and had to hard reboot TS-109 to get it into a state where i could access it again. I've been doing daily back-ups since last November without problems until now.
Boggle

Return to “Backup & Restore”