DL Station not downloading

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
DataTauk
Starting out

DL Station not downloading

Post by DataTauk »

Not sure if this is a new problem. But recently my DL station stopped working. I am able to search for files just fine. When I queue them up and start them they never start the DL process. just sits there. I am using a proxy. I do not want to disable it? Anyone else seeing this issue? And I have taken all the updates. Maybe related.
tyreexhaust
Starting out

Re: DL Station not downloading

Post by tyreexhaust »

Have you started a ticket? I've had the same problem and it's with devs at the moment.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=136990
DataTauk
Starting out

Post by DataTauk »

i have not. I guess we are power in numbers. I will do that. I wonder if this has any priority. I wonder if they have done this on purpose.
itised83
New here

Post by itised83 »

I've got nearly the same problem, it started 3 days ago (before that I've always downloaded without problems on my TS-251A, bought 15 days ago). I dont'use proxy. I've tried with about 10 torrents and they never start... except one, always the same, and I can't figure out why. I tried to download same torrents with my notebook and they always work. I checked open ports on my router. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall download station... nothing changed.
cinimodssegrub
New here

Post by cinimodssegrub »

Hi - I've had the same problem for a few months on my TS-453A. Have tried the same as you, cant work out what is wrong and had no problems in the past. Please let me know if you find a fix! :)
Pezza
New here

Post by Pezza »

Mine's always worked fine until very recently.... now the Download Station just freezes randomly after a while (a day or less). I think files are still being downloaded in the background, but nothing 'finishes'. It can only be fixed by stopping and restarting the Download Station, at which point it takes forever 'checking files'.
Pezza
New here

Post by Pezza »

Lots of DL Station fixes in the latest firmware update, notably my issue above
jhand00
Starting out

Post by jhand00 »

I'm seeing no change in behavior with the latest QTS firmware. Also, the version of Download Station is still 5.0.69. Should that have changed?
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Download Station from the AppCenter, but that also did not help.
When I am using a SOCKS5 proxy, the download just gets stuck trying to get the magnet metadata.
tyreexhaust
Starting out

Post by tyreexhaust »

We're just waiting on the new version of DL Station ver 5.0.82 - the test team are currently running test to validate it before launching it (hopefully imminently)
DickyDck
Getting the hang of things

Post by DickyDck »

This is definitely something with the Download station app. If I take the exact same magnet link, run it on a workstation using Azureus/Vuze or some other bit-torrent client, using the exact same proxy I am using in QNAP Download station, it will work fin and at really good speed. However trying it in QNAP Download Station it does nothing. There are some other forums here about DHT being an issue, but wouldn't that be more on the Download station and it's handling of or rather lack of handling of DHT?
jason369
New here

Post by jason369 »

I have the same issues as 1st post. contacted qnap a month ago after a few emails back and forth they stopped correspondence. still no fix after latest firmware update for dec.2017
DataTauk
Starting out

Post by DataTauk »

I am starting to think they do not want to fix it. Getting some heat from Hollywood.
qas1981
New here

Post by qas1981 »

Has there been any news about getting download station repaired?
Baldie
Starting out

Post by Baldie »

DickyDck wrote:This is definitely something with the Download station app. If I take the exact same magnet link, run it on a workstation using Azureus/Vuze or some other bit-torrent client, using the exact same proxy I am using in QNAP Download station, it will work fin and at really good speed. However trying it in QNAP Download Station it does nothing. There are some other forums here about DHT being an issue, but wouldn't that be more on the Download station and it's handling of or rather lack of handling of DHT?
Same here.

I've done everything imaginable but it just won't download torrents. :mrgreen:
Baldie
Starting out

Post by Baldie »

I got mine downloading with this post viewtopic.php?f=16&t=138152#p652768

Changing couple of times DS connection in App Center back and forth "Connetct to Eth..." and "Use default" and it's working with "Connetct to Eth...".

2018-01-21-to-forum.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”