QNap download station does not upload

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
ScudderAdam
New here

QNap download station does not upload

Postby ScudderAdam » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:44 am

I am using Download Station on my QNap NAS TS 253-B. I have been downloading a number of torrents. But the Download Station does not seem to be seeding/uploading. This is going to destroy my ratio at the torrent site.

The manual is annoyingly badly written, with no help on the QNap forum. What I want to do is seed infinitely and to an infinite seed ratio.

In Settings > BT > Bandwidth Limit I have made the settings shown in the image.
Just in case you're wondering:
    yes, there are leechers for the torrents I have downloaded.
    The Share Time maximum is 2 weeks or 'Forever'. I assume that means it will be shared indefinitely. Am I right or wrong?
    I tried to change the Share Ratio to a higher number. I assume that a higher percentage will increase the time the file gets seeded by Download Manager. Am I right or wrong?
Is there a setting that I am missing? I don't want to ruin my seed/leech ratio at my torrent account. Could somebody please tell me how to change this mess?

Thanx,

Thom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

O_hip
New here

Re: QNap download station does not upload

Postby O_hip » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi Thom,

I'm running into the same thing. Now that I am working from a laptop I thought I would use my qnap for any torrent downloads. Download speeds are great but seeding does not seem to work correctly. I have tried various client options in the QNAP but nothing seems to work. I wonder if there is some sort of built in firewall into the QNAP that is preventing any seeding.

Broken Lizard
Starting out

Postby Broken Lizard » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:53 pm

Same problems here, i am dissapointed abouth download station. Everything is ok, download speed as expected, but when downloading of torrent ends that`s it, seeding does not start, torrent itself there is just waiting... Any news?
TS-251A with 1 × Seagate IronWolf 2TB

O_hip
New here

Postby O_hip » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:58 pm

I don't think QNAP is taking this issue seriously. Perhaps it is time to start investigating other solutions. Perhaps switching to Synology might help. I'm not sure if there support is better or non existent like QNAP.

Don
Guru

Postby Don » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:25 am

O_hip wrote:I don't think QNAP is taking this issue seriously. Perhaps it is time to start investigating other solutions. Perhaps switching to Synology might help. I'm not sure if there support is better or non existent like QNAP.

Unless you and the others that are having an issue open tickets with QNAP they are unaware of the issue. This is a community forum and QNAP does not participate.
Read the Online Manuals and use the forum search feature (upper right hand corner) before posting.

It is a recommended to use RAID and have external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from catastrophic system failure. One does not replace the other.

Bugs and feature requests need to be submitted to QNAP via their Helpdesk or Helpdesk app.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 4.3.4.0486 | 40GB | 2 x M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System) | 2 x M.2 NMVe RAID 1 (Cache) | 5 x 4TB HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-663 | F/W: 4.3.4.0644 | 16GB | 2 x M.2 NMVe QM2 RAID 1 (Cache) | 4 x 4TB RAID 5

O_hip
New here

Postby O_hip » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:29 am

Yes, ticket has been opened but no solution. I was rather treated like I was the problem. The support I received was mediocre as if this application was an afterthought. It doesn't sound like QNAP support is very knowledgeable on how torrent clients should work. After 2 weeks of back and forth I gave up.

P3R
Ask me anything

Postby P3R » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:44 am

ScudderAdam wrote:...with no help on the QNap forum.
Well the Qnap forum is only users like you and me so apparently the Download Station users aren't as helpful as users of other Qnap Stations. If you contribute by answering questions in the forum in the future, it will become better.

I'll do my best here but it's been a long time since I used Download Station and if there are any recently introduced bugs, I'm not aware of them.
yes, there are leechers for the torrents I have downloaded.
And not too many seeders competing with you?

Also have you opened the necessary port in the router/firewall and have enough internet upload capacity to fulfill incoming requests?
The Share Time maximum is 2 weeks or 'Forever'. I assume that means it will be shared indefinitely.
2 weeks should mean two weeks and 'Forever' I would assume is indefinitely, so in reality the share ratio will be the limiting factor if there's enough demand for the file.
I tried to change the Share Ratio to a higher number. I assume that a higher percentage will increase the time the file gets seeded by Download Manager.
No. 100 % means that you seed the same amount of data as the file size so 999 % means that you will seed until you've shared 9.99 times as much data as the size of the file in question.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Download Station and QGet”