Download station not work.

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
David1997
New here

Download station not work.

Post by David1997 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:25 pm

Hello,
I have QNAP TS-439 with firmware 4.2.6. Download station 4.3.1. I can add torrent file and status is download but speed is 0. About a year ago the download station worked well. Do you have any ideas how to solve it?
Thanks.

Ivanahumpalot
First post

Re: Download station not work.

Post by Ivanahumpalot » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Same here
QNAP TS-431 ver: 4.3.6 1070 , app "Downloadstation5 been working fine up to about 6 weeks ago!

I use a host IPVanish & it's proxy socks5 details in downloadstation5 , In settings of downloadstation5, under BT, under Proxy, proxy type - socks5, and fill in info etc ... great for 4 yrs + great until 6 weeks ago!

I've been in contact with IPVanish everything is ok! can change user and passwords and update in downloadstation5 no change to downloadstation5 the torrent just sits doing nothing ! , GO BACK INTO SETTINGS of downloadstation5 , under BT, under Proxy, below authorise test connection button - time out connection!

Back to IPVanish control change user and password in socks5 , copy into downloadstation5 BT proxy , test again - time out connection !

Gone into control panel TS-431 under "Network & file services" under "network" under "Proxy" use proxy server " fill in IPVanish details for my country server , go back to downloadstation5 , settings, under BT, under Proxy click test button , connection successful GREAT okay .... NO

Torrent just sits there not downloading ?

GO BACK INTO SETTINGS of downloadstation5 , under BT, under Proxy, below authorise test connection button - time out connection!

After trying over and over different users and passwords , no downloads ? yesterday I started writing a story like this and it started to work? the download started ? so after 20min of writing a post I deleted the post ! BUT I went to check on the download - NOT DOWNLOADING ! ?

I've been over the modem - thinking maybe the port forwarding has dropped and needs redoing - NO all good !

I've been over Virus software check setting over any updates - NO all good !

My country Australia has started blocking IP to my torrent web site , The web browser has had some adjustments which is blocking ? VPN helps here ie IPVanish, use a free one if you like but I pay for mine as it always fast servers .

I tried to changed the DNS no change , return to auto.

Since writing this I've check a few times and just now forth time the download has started ? 40% downloaded , BUT I'm continuing due to the intermittent failure that has been happening !

If anyone has found this to similar to what they are experiencing, put it up please! with your work around if you have one? or even if you tried other things put it up please for others to try!

OneCD
Ask me anything

Re: Download station not work.

Post by OneCD » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Ivanahumpalot wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:33 pm
Same here
QNAP TS-431 ver: 4.3.6 1070 , app "Downloadstation5 been working fine up to about 6 weeks ago!
I have just read your post 8 times, and I'm still not sure what you're asking. :S

Please: calm-down, cut-back on the coffee, and try asking for help again - without all the exclamation points. ;)

production NAS: TS-569 Pro with Debian 10.2 'Buster' (power on/off times are < 1 minute)
backup NAS: TS-559 Pro+ with QTS 4.2.6 #20191107

one.cd.only@gmail.com

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Download Station and QGet”