Download Station Access denied

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
stanzani
Know my way around

Download Station Access denied

Post by stanzani »

after factory reset and disabling admin account as suggested to secure the unit, with QTS 4.5.4 I cannot use the download station, getting an ' access denied' message. Please help
TS-531P Annapurna
jdeppjr
New here

Re: Download Station Access denied

Post by jdeppjr »

Do not update the download station. The last "working" version is "DownloadStation 5.6.3.162"
pt7xcz
New here

Post by pt7xcz »

I have the same problem. I am getting "Access denied" message when Download Station is started by any other user (even in administrators group) than original admin. So, the Download Station works only with original admin account.
This is not acceptable.
-Is kind of need of admin account hardcoded in the Download Station SW? (QNAP had big toubles like this already if I remember well...)
-What about recommendation of disabling factory admin acount?
-QNAP guys, review the SW and fix that please!
FW:4.5.4.1741, DownloadStation 5.7.0.184 (2 newer version are available but not compatible? with my NAS and does not look like they are fixing this problem.)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

there is no qnap here..contact them via ticket
pt7xcz
New here

Post by pt7xcz »

pt7xcz wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:08 pm I have the same problem. I am getting "Access denied" message when Download Station is started by any other user (even in administrators group) than original admin. So, the Download Station works only with original admin account.
This is not acceptable.
-Is kind of need of admin account hardcoded in the Download Station SW? (QNAP had big toubles like this already if I remember well...)
-What about recommendation of disabling factory admin acount?
-QNAP guys, review the SW and fix that please!
FW:4.5.4.1741, DownloadStation 5.7.0.184 (2 newer version are available but not compatible? with my NAS and does not look like they are fixing this problem.)
Problem solved by enabling Download Station for given users in Appliction Privilege setup. All applications were enabled (by default?) but not the Download Station.
QNAP TS-453D-4G
1x HDD 3.5" Toshiba 16TB (MG08ACA16TE), 2x HDD 3.5" WD 4TB Red (WD40EFRX)

Return to “Download Station and QGet”