Opening magnet links straight into Qget from iPhone

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
lucky13
Getting the hang of things

Opening magnet links straight into Qget from iPhone

Post by lucky13 »

So I used to be able to click on a website magnet link on my iPhone and it would automatically open an app called Qget Remote by Sylver77 ( not Qget by QNAP )

This stopped working last week with the latest update but I'm not surprised as the app is very old and no longer supported by the developer...so my question is, is there anyway to get this working via any other method ?

Even the official app by QNAP "Qget" doesn't seem to be available anymore by QNAP in IOS although I still have an old version installed but for some reason this isn't prompted to automatically open within my iphone...is there anyway to associate magnet links so they automatically open with the official Qnap app "Qget" or any other app or way to get this sorted ?

I can't even click on a magnet link and manually copy it to my clipboard and paste into the official Qget app as the paste command within "Input URL" doesn't seem to allow pasting within Qget.

Can anyone help ?

Many thanks
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Opening magnet links straight into Qget from iPhone

Post by dolbyman »

Maybe switch to transmission..there is a transmission app for it ..(I run transmission in a container) to que up magnet links

well i run mine on android...got no apple stuff at home
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

Thanks but surely there must be an easier option then having to switch everything over to Transmission... ...how do all the other 1000's of people with Download station and an iPhone kick of downloads ?

I can't be the only person on this Forum having this issue ? Download station and an Iphone must be a really common occurrence ?
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB
Thisisnotmyname
Easy as a breeze

Post by Thisisnotmyname »

lucky13 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:14 pm Thanks but surely there must be an easier option then having to switch everything over to Transmission... ...how do all the other 1000's of people with Download station and an iPhone kick of downloads ?

I can't be the only person on this Forum having this issue ? Download station and an Iphone must be a really common occurrence ?
maybe not. Anecdotally I don't see many posts in this forum as opposed to backups/storage/misc/etc... I don't use it but then I only have a handful of linux distros being seeded; all video I have is original or backups from BluRay and DVDs I own.
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

such a shame as being able to click on a magnetic link from your phones web browser and having it automatically get loaded up into download station on a NAS is so much easier then any other method I can think of....

How are other people adding torrents to download station ?
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB

Return to “Download Station and QGet”