Download Station and Wireguard as default connection

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
mvrvergara
First post

Download Station and Wireguard as default connection

Post by mvrvergara »

Hello Folks,

I have been using Download Station 5 for years (latest version, latest QNAP firmware) on a TS-251+. I have always used OpenVPN as default gateway (on App Center - Connect To - Selecting the OVPN connection).

Turns out my VPN service now offers Wireguard, the speed connection is much better, so I have tried to make Download Station to use that, however when I do click "Connect To" the Wireguard connection is not listed in there.

I tried to use the Virtual Switch on "connect to" menu, however when I test the connection with Ipmagnet is ends up using my standard IP.

Am I missing something? I am not well versed in networking, so I am wondering what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks all! :)
Drios
First post

Re: Download Station and Wireguard as default connection

Post by Drios »

Hi, I have the same issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgzJU1vpPcc (please see the comments). Getting the Wireguard client going was not a walk in the park, so not being able to set it in Download Station (and no option for auto-reconnect it seems) was a big letdown.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”