RSS Feeds - How do I get Download Station to stop duplicating RSS downloads??

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
NewUser1212
New here

RSS Feeds - How do I get Download Station to stop duplicating RSS downloads??

Post by NewUser1212 »

This is extremely annoying and frustrating. I switched over from Synology to a QNAP TS-453A specifically for its media streaming - and Download Station on the QNAP is nothing short of terrible.

I have a list of TV RSS feeds that I've loaded into Download Station with a "720p" filter applied to all of them and a 12-hour refresh update for auto-downloads. After a download is done, I stop/delete the transfer to remove it from the list of active downloads. 12 hours later, Download Station refreshes the feeds and starts downloading THE SAME ONES ALL OVER AGAIN. Why does it not remember that I already downloaded those files and ONLY check for NEW updates in the RSS? What's the point of checking the RSS feed if it cant even remember what it already downloaded??? :roll: :roll:

This is completely ridiculous and needs to be fixed. Download Station on Synology worked flawlessly and never allowed duplicates of the same file after a transfer was complete or after you manually stopped the transfer.

The only thing I've found online is people recommending Container Station to create a Docker or LXC Container to install UTorrent, Qbittorent or Deluge to handle the RSS Feeds. What?? :cry: :cry: First of all, there's no GUI on any of the Docker/LXC containers and it's all command line interface. I spent over 6 hours yesterday going through tutorial after tutorial on trying to set this up and it's nonsense. Why go through all this hassle to setup a simple RSS download service? Secondly, the Deluge package that comes with Container Station doesn't support RSS feeds - so what good is that? :?

C'mon QNAP....why is this so hard? PLEASE INCLUDE a fix in your next firmware update.

Anyone else have this issue or can think of how to fix it???
jorn-k
Starting out

Re: RSS Feeds - How do I get Download Station to stop duplicating RSS downloads??

Post by jorn-k »

For what it's worth (little, I know) it's not just you. I could have written your post above. I've never been able to figure how to fix this stupidity with Download Station, nor can I even find a pattern to it. It'll behave fine for days, then decide every episode from a show a year ago needs to be downloaded... 7 times.
JDoleman
New here

Re: RSS Feeds - How do I get Download Station to stop duplicating RSS downloads??

Post by JDoleman »

The Download Station is grossly in need of new features that are present from Synology and desktop uTorrent. I've requested a feature for a watch folder (Like Synology has) as I've been using Sonarr as a sort of media manager.
WeirDave
Starting out

Post by WeirDave »

JDoleman wrote:The Download Station is grossly in need of new features that are present from Synology and desktop uTorrent. I've requested a feature for a watch folder (Like Synology has) as I've been using Sonarr as a sort of media manager.
I can't seem to get the connection between Sonarr and Download Station to work. Currently I get the following error:

Unknown exception: HTTP request failed: [403:Forbidden] [GET] at [http://localhost:5000/webapi/query.cgi? ... tion.Task1]

I'd like to setup Jackett but currently the package available for that is not working for me. SO I thought I would opt for DS
\\/eir]>ave
--------------------
Model: TS-653A 4GB
FW: 4.4.1.1146 Build: 20191206
Hard Drives: Seagate ST3000DM001 - 3TB | Toshiba MDo4ACA500 - 5TB | Western Digital - WD6001FZWX - 6TB | Seagate ST8000DM004 - 8TB(x2)
Total Storage: 26.82 TB
Pipe: Cable Modem 300x20
Applications: Plex Media Server supported by: Tautulli | Ombi | Qmono | Radarr | QSonarr | QNZBGet | QBittorrent | Jackett | QHeadPhones
Personal Website: http://www.weirdave.com
Oink!
New here

Post by Oink! »

I'm just gonna say that I was browsing the forum before asking exactly this same problem: Download Station repeats download tasks all the time :? :cry: :( :x

My experience:
1.- RSS configured.
2.- New entry appears in RSS
3.- Download Station downloads this new file to my incoming folder
4.- I archive this file from the incoming folder to its final destination within my NAS
5.- Download Station decides to repeat the download task because it can't see the file anymore :evil:

I was using a Synology NAS before this QNap one and I didn't have this problem :(
clone1084
New here

Post by clone1084 »

Same problem here, everything that has been removed from the download list get downloaded again, and again, and again...

Another little nice thing that would be nice to have is a custom download folder for each filter and not only one destination folder for the entire RSS feed
Oink!
New here

Post by Oink! »

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? I could probably install a new torrent client, but I'd love to use the official Download Station.
jorn-k
Starting out

Post by jorn-k »

Don't delete the downloads from the DS once completed.
Oink!
New here

Post by Oink! »

jorn-k wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:15 am Don't delete the downloads from the DS once completed.
It's not a problem of an ongoing download, it's a problem with any completed download. Once a download is completed I want to move it to its appropiate path, but if I do so DS will download it again :(
dejvv
New here

Post by dejvv »

was this ever fixed as I was interested in buying one?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Purchase decision is hinging on some obscure feature in download station?

anyways..closed for necroposting

Return to “Download Station and QGet”