Direct url into download station does not work anymore after october 2022 firmware update

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
fox0903
First post

Direct url into download station does not work anymore after october 2022 firmware update

Post by fox0903 »

I have Qnap TS230
last 2 years download station works fine with direct links see scenario.

1. from uloz.to page i did some search for some download e.g.
https://uloz.to/file/0KsqqshGPG3S/sound ... ACLwZjAt==
2. i have copied this link directly to download station (in download station i have had saved my credential to uloz.to)
3. download station has downloaded it correctly.

After firmware upgrade This scenario does not work.
After contact QNAP support i have received correct solution how it is work.
According to our R&D team, the download works this way:
1. Click the "Fast download for credit"
2. Chrome pop-up download
3. Open the Chrome "Downloads"
4. Copy the download mission's url
5. Paste the url to Download Station

Problem of this solution is only it like a joke....
with this scenario i need to be log in to uloz.to page
1. Click the "Fast download for credit"
2. Chrome pop-up download
3. Open the Chrome "Downloads"
this step is not possible without you will click on save so download will start so now it will appear in downloads... so next steps works like charm :D but it is ** if i will start download to pc why should i do it also with download station if i will have already downloaded??? Also with mission url i dont need to use my credential in download station...

4. Copy the download mission's url
5. Paste the url to Download Station

From Last message of QNAP support
"I have checked again with our R&D, but I am afraid this is working according to our design."

so it means last 1-2 years when it was worked with direct urls it was a bug, and now finally QNAP has fixed this bug so it does not work anymore with direct link you must use mission link....

So please anybody do you have any idea how it could be fixed or exist any setting in NAS which could be help to fix this issue???

thx
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Direct url into download station does not work anymore after october 2022 firmware update

Post by dolbyman »

Stop using download station and use something like jdownloader..works just fine

see if you can find something for containerstatiin if you HAVE to run that on the NAS
retire
First post

Re: Direct url into download station does not work anymore after october 2022 firmware update

Post by retire »

Hi dolbyman,
you mentioned using jdownloader as QNAP NAS application, would you elaborate the detail on how we could (manually?) install Jdownloader into our NAS? Did you convert them into qpkg format first? or else? Appreciate if you could explain it in more details.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

You Install jdownloader on a VM or on a PC

Return to “Download Station and QGet”