Update RSS Update Interval

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
ArturPhk
Getting the hang of things

Re: Update RSS Update Interval

Post by ArturPhk »

Today i installed QTransmission (from Qnap club repo), configured it, and installed Sickrage also from qnapclub.
Added shows, it uses a direct call to transmission webapp (no blackhole required), and so far from my testing everything is working ok.

A personal note, qsickrage allows configuring notifications via Telegram, which I use a lot, and so it's really, really, coming from a limited buggy app, to a highly featured one..
Mike61704
New here

Post by Mike61704 »

I collect mostly movies. Sickrage is more for tv episodes right?
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

Use Couchpotato. Lke Sickrage but for movies.
You will still need transmission set up behind.
MattyLightCU
First post

Post by MattyLightCU »

So I was able to get the values 1,3,6 added to the dropdowns but it looks like there is a programmatic minimum of 12 hours for the interval because when the POST sends a 1,3, or 6 it gets a response of 12 and won't go below. At this point, I'm just going to figure out another solution until they add 3 OPTIONS to the list and let it work. I am baffled as to why this hasn't been done, as most of you are. I'm sure there is a reason, but it not being shared is frustrating when this has been a request for a while and seems rather straightforward to me.

For those asking, here is how I figured out as much as I have...
  1. Found ds.conf located in /etc/config/ds.conf (Found this info here: viewtopic.php?t=52369#p545398)
  2. Found the config value "check_update_time" under [rss]
  3. Changed it to 1,3, or 6
    After a while it was changed back :(
    Continued on...
  4. Did some searching on the DSv3 folder that I got from this thread ("/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/DSv3/opt/www/libs" for those playing the home game - thanks, flinomartins!)
  5. Found "rss_check_update_time"
  6. Looked around and found this

Code: Select all

Ext.each([12,24,48,72,96,168,336,504,720]
    in 2 places
  7. Changed both to

Code: Select all

Ext.each([1,3,6,12,24,48,72,96,168,336,504,720]
  8. Closed and reopened DownloadStation
    SUCCESS! :D
  9. Changed the value from 12 to 1
  10. Clicked "Apply" and it immediately changed back to 12 :\
  11. Opened the Dev Console in Chrome (this is when I realized I should have just started here...)
  12. Inspected the POST and found that the response would never be allowed to be lower than 12
For those that don't know, you can open Dev Console in Chrome by pressing F12.

What I should have done to start (after finding the ds-all.js file in the DSv3 directory) is:
  1. Open Dev Console in Chrome
  2. Go to the "Sources" tab
  3. Press "Ctrl+P" to open a file and type "ds-all"
  4. Have Chrome Pretty Print this for me to make it readable (The { } button in the lower-left of the text area)
  5. Start investigating
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

Hello, thanks for the update. I switched to transmission for simple torrent client, and sickrage for fetching my RSS feeds.

There are two main problems with DS right now regarding RSS feeds:
1. Minimum time 12h
2. Bad management of downloads; You need to keep the magnet\torrent in the "Completed" list, otherwise it will download it again

the 3rd problem is that you can programmatically fix this like you were trying to do, but you will lose support and in the next update you will lose your patch.

So, DS is uninstalled for now....

cheers
immo2014
Starting out

Post by immo2014 »

the 12h rss update problem is not fixed but what you think about an bypass

start a cron job with automatically stop and start DS5

on each start DS5 will update RSS right so with this bypass you can somewhat update RSS as much you want without much effort

this is only in my mind so anybody dare to try and tell us how to make it happen?
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

Yes, it should work, but its a very ugly work around

I've switched to QTransmission from Qnap Club, working like a charm and with mobile apps.
immo2014
Starting out

Post by immo2014 »

ArturPhk wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:07 am Yes, it should work, but its a very ugly work around

I've switched to QTransmission from Qnap Club, working like a charm and with mobile apps.
so to autodownload torrents from rss feed you use qtransmission or "sickrage" or both?
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

i have qtransmission natively via Qnap Club
Then i have a virtual machine (ubuntu server) which has:
- Medusa (best sickbeard alternative)
- Couchpotato (for movies)
and both write to NAS via SMB

You can go for an easier setup using qmedusa and qcouchpotato and qtransmission directly from the qnap club. I habe them in a VM because of updates and backups

Return to “Download Station and QGet”