Help QNAP improve download function

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
QNAPRei
Been there, done that

Help QNAP improve download function

Post by QNAPRei »

Dear all,

Thank you for your comments on the download function of QNAP NAS products. We'd like to let you know we're determined to strengthen and improve our download function. To do this, our developers will continue to work on the enhancements and bug fixing. We'd also need your help by sharing the BT torrent files, and HTTP or FTP links with us if you have the following problems with downloading:
1. The download process is too slow
2. The download task is not running
3. The file is abnormal, e.g. can't be opened, after download completes

Please kindly e-mail the HTTP/ FTP links or the torrents to us at qnap.torrent@gmail.com. Please also describe clearly about the problems you had with the download links or torrents, and the information in Help us serve you better.

Please read the following before sending the links or torrents:

- The e-mail qnap.torrent@gmail.com is only for collecting download links and torrents which are found abnormal when working with QNAP Download Station.
- Any irrelevant mails or files sent the account will be ignored.
- qnap.torrent@gmail.com is NOT an official support e-mail address of QNAP.
- QNAP will NOT reply to any users via the above e-mail.
- If you have any technical support inquiries, please use the Online Support Form or e-mail to q_support@qnap.com.tw.

Thank you for your help.
Online Support Form: http://www.qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support email: q_support@qnap.com.tw
MSN: q.support@hotmail.com
Epstein
Easy as a breeze

Post by Epstein »

So far my main problem with BT downloads on my QNap is, that in torrent files with multiple files in them, the QNap download station will only download one file at a time, which in some examples greatly reduces the download speed.
Lars
Starting out

Post by Lars »

Need torrentclient with regular support to tune in to the cloud of available pieces and do unlinear download of the tasks (never seen linear downloading in any other torrent client..) - should greatly improve speed.

Options that i miss in the current release :

- Set default download location (not too important).

- Option to have separate folders for in progress and completed tasks - or atleast a filename hint.. like the .ut! ending f.i. :wink:

- Set DHT on/off in main config, not manage each task. *Never seen a problem with dht yet - if tracker denies it, it just isn't used.

- Option to set seedtime in main config/default settings

- Possibility to set static seeding for direct sharing/uploading purposes (this could be done manually on each task)

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely
Lars
TS109pro fw.2.1.0-0624T
Readynas NV+ fw. 4.01c1-p1
Zyxel NSA-2400 fw. 2.11
w2k3/3Ware 8506-8
w2k3/3Ware 9500-12
nt4/Promise SX6k
Invader Zim
Starting out

MoBlock, seed-to-ratio, non-standard ports

Post by Invader Zim »

I'd love to see an IP filter like MoBlock or PeerGuardian employed in the BitTorrent client.

Also, it would be nice to set individual up/down speeds, in addition to setting Seed-to-X where X was the ratio (1.0, 2.0, etc.).

Lastly, it would be great to be able to specify a range of non-standard ports, because many ISPs limit traffic on the default BitTorrent ports.
Lars
Starting out

Re: MoBlock, seed-to-ratio, non-standard ports

Post by Lars »

Invader Zim wrote:...
Lastly, it would be great to be able to specify a range of non-standard ports, because many ISPs limit traffic on the default BitTorrent ports.
Download station -> Set Config-> enter from-to port# :)

Ipfiltering would be great, forgot that one - don't know how easy this would be to implemement [Linux nOOb] haven't tried moblock, but noticed the sourcecode for peerguardian lite at 66kB's - any nice linux grownup's wanna give it a try to port it? :wink:

TS109pro fw.2.1.0-0624T
Readynas NV+ fw. 4.01c1-p1
Zyxel NSA-2400 fw. 2.11
w2k3/3Ware 8506-8
w2k3/3Ware 9500-12
nt4/Promise SX6k
MathieuMa

Firewalling / peer guardian

Post by MathieuMa »

If it relies on the builtin linux firewall (iptables, ipchains ...) then it's dead - for now the kernel in our QNAPs don't have firewalling support.
Lars
Starting out

Post by Lars »

It really is too much to ask for.. better option to investigate if this is possible with Monowall or another solution on a gateway, doing the filtering closer to the source :wink:

You can add single ip's and subnets to the Qnap network filtering though, great function - but I hesitate to start typing 7-900 million ip's manually..although there may be an option to paste the list into a .dat file on the unit for those not using a gateway?
MathieuMa

Post by MathieuMa »

Too much to ask for ?
I don't see why the qnap couldn't handle that ...

I took that hardware to not have to run a home server (less power) , and my internet access ships with a builtin router / wifi hotspot so I unplugged my customized WRT ... It's not to add it again.

(no, the buildin dsl router don't have a firewall ...)
thinkadrian
Starting out

Post by thinkadrian »

I'd like to enter not the share time, but the share ratio, both globally and explicitly.

Also if a download has several files - to choose which files to download and their priority.

Also :) A way to access the download section data via http so I could make a widget to check download/upload status
haleebaba
New here

Post by haleebaba »

any update firmware to improve downstation BT down ? I' using TS-209 with 1.13 firmware still got a poor BT performance !! :twisted:
boombastic
Starting out

Post by boombastic »

thinkadrian wrote:I'd like to enter not the share time, but the share ratio, both globally and explicitly.

Also if a download has several files - to choose which files to download and their priority.
I also would like to see these features to my QNap TS-101.
Also another major bug appears with a multi-file torrent:the DS downloads only a file at the time, from the first to the last, slowing a lot the process.
covenant
New here

Post by covenant »

I haven't used my 109 Pro for that long yet but there are two features I miss already. I would like to be able to mark several files (primarily in the finished section of the download centre) and delete them.

The second thing I would like to be able to do is start sharing a finished downloaded torrent again.

Thx for a great product btw:)
Pleasure_Paulie
Starting out

Re: Help QNAP improve download function

Post by Pleasure_Paulie »

Apart from an IP filter function, and offpeak/peak monitoring.

I wonder why the current system does not just put up a popup box when adding a new download etc, instead of a whole new window?
Bushido
Starting out

Post by Bushido »

I would like it to move to the next torrent if the current one fails for some reason. I had it switched on all night to download some stuff and cam in the am to find only 1 thing had finished the rest sat there because of a failure.

Thanks
Ryssen
Know my way around

Post by Ryssen »

Be able to set maximum DL at more than 10!
QNAP TS-453A Firmware v4.3.3 . 4 WD Red.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”