Help QNAP improve download function

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
flebbert
First post

Re: Help QNAP improve download function

Post by flebbert »

Can we please have https support of RSS feeds?
This is something i need to use for work as we use it to sync documents between sites and would love to have this as a secure traffic. Is this a possibility in an up coming release?

Cheers,

Phil

schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Hi Phil,
flebbert wrote:Can we please have https support of RSS feeds?
Sounds like a useful idea, however...
flebbert wrote:This is something i need to use for work as we use it to sync documents between sites and would love to have this as a secure traffic. Is this a possibility in an up coming release?
...are you aware the RSS feed actually implemented to fetch Torrent seeds only, and no direct http/https transfers yet? RSS support for direct URL downloads is another feature missing....
Sidewindr
New here

Post by Sidewindr »

I have a couple of suggestions after trying with out any real success to get my auto BT downloads migrated from utorrent to the NAS.

I have 3 RSS sources and about 100 rules in the RSS downloader. Here's my issues and suggestions..

- I have had great trouble adding RS feeds to Download Station either via the web interface or Qget. I had to enter the SAME info into the interface around 20 times before the RSS feed actually stuck and appeared in the list of RSS feeds.

- The RSS Downloader has some of the features utorrent RSS downloader has however it is missing a few things ..

- The RSS Downloads MuST have an ALL option for the feed section rather than being able to select ONLY one feed in a rule.

- QUESTION:.... Does the "Keyword" and "Doesn't Contain" entries in the RSS Downloader work exactly like utorrent's equivalent entries?? ie can you use the following expressions...
* (asterisk) to match any text of any length
? (question mark) to match any single character
| (vertical pipe) is an "or" conditional

- 12hours is too long for a minimum to refresh the RSS feeds etc. minimum of 1 hour would be MUCH MUCH better..

:D
nick9z
New here

Post by nick9z »

Would like a PROXER SERVER option please.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

nick9z wrote:Would like a PROXER SERVER option please.
what for exactly? To hide your BT client from the tracker?
cartmancz
Starting out

Post by cartmancz »

Sidewindr wrote:- QUESTION:.... Does the "Keyword" and "Doesn't Contain" entries in the RSS Downloader work exactly like utorrent's equivalent entries?? ie can you use the following expressions...
* (asterisk) to match any text of any length
? (question mark) to match any single character
| (vertical pipe) is an "or" conditional

- 12hours is too long for a minimum to refresh the RSS feeds etc. minimum of 1 hour would be MUCH MUCH better..
+1 on those two issues

some more ideas:
- it would be nice to be able to specify more in depth hiearchy in "directions" tab than just share points (for example a textfield with simple JS check for directory existence would be nice).

- ability to tag torrents and move them to different directories based on tags would be nice.

- support for "share ratio groups" as rtorrent has (basicly you specify share options for each group and than move torrents between those groups) = this one could be solved when we have possibility to specify share options "per download task"
mophun
New here

Post by mophun »

+1 on both issues.
Most important: change update frequency to 1 hour.
Please
fantomas
Experience counts

bittorent blacklist support

Post by fantomas »

please add support for bittorrent blacklists
experience with administration of UN*X (mostly linux) and applications on internet servers since 1994...
pelle900
Starting out

Post by pelle900 »

Hi Folks,

I notice that when one of the downloads in the list exceeds 1MB/s download speed then the QGet "always on top G icon" progress bar indicator goes blank. The % is still counting as usual but the bars disappears from the icon.

Br,

Pelle
Sidewindr
New here

Post by Sidewindr »

I've given up on this option and am now looking at other qpkg options .. there is a port of utorrent for linux and I might have a go at this. It seems that QNap are dropping this from their feature set as the latest NAS's don't support download station..
Nicke2
New here

Post by Nicke2 »

Since a couple of days I'm connected through a 50/50 fiber connection. When having multiple BT downloads, the download per item (torrent) seems to be limited to approx. 420 kB/sec (all torrents together at a certain point approx. 3 mB/sec).

Q1. How can the throughput per torrent be maximized (plenty seeds available).
Q2. How do I determine if my provider is limiting (although that doesn't seem likely, given the overall throughput).
Q3. If using other ports is the solution, can you advise on the portnumbers.
OmeRon
New here

Post by OmeRon »

I really would love to have magnet support in Qget! I have to use another local torrent client for these kind of torrents now,,,
illidan155
Getting the hang of things

Post by illidan155 »

Here my recommendation:

-Ability to freely chose the bandwidth upload/download. (at the moment if you chose for example 1000 Kb/s down you are forced to set at least 100 kb/s in upload.
-improve the RSS auto download most of the time it don't even work because it don't find any RSS where there are.
-improve the interface the tab design for switching between BT and DDL is ugly, Also the way that the BT are displayed is ugly.

my 2 cent.
kabuby77
New here

Post by kabuby77 »

- The possibility to choose a subfolder for downloaded files.
- I do not know why you changed something that works. There's a column with the status and the download percentage together :? , I wonder why? It's more difficult to read and order
kabuby77
New here

Post by kabuby77 »

The number of peer and seeds is no more present.....

Return to “Download Station and QGet”