Help QNAP improve download function

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
stefuli
New here

Re: Help QNAP improve download function

Post by stefuli »

please add information about file hosting supported
dhillaby
First post

Post by dhillaby »

Just started using it but not being able to specify any directory on the NAS for a download location is extremely inconvenient. I will continue to use Utorrent until this app becomes a bit more advanced.
kelreynders
First post

Post by kelreynders »

Hi,

new a this. don't know if it already came up:

we can't add more torrent sites to the BT torrent search.
can any one do something about it
KevinTNZ
Getting the hang of things

Post by KevinTNZ »

Not sure if it's already requested - lots of pages and no real progress against requests...but...

I use the download manager for http downloading from a site that requires username / password. It would be good if the download manager recognised the site in the URL and automatically used the correct credentials based upon the domain. Free download manager on the PC does exactly that.
QNAP TS-220, V4.1, 2 x WD Red 2TB
Nadzzz
New here

Post by Nadzzz »

I've worked with Jason in the past to highlight some of the serious issues with the Download Station, to say the truth, many of improvements over the time, but here's the challenges I am still finding.

1) As mentioned throughout---Ability to edit the files when they are complete or when they are paused: This is important because it allows you the ability to add more files over time. Last time I downloaded a huge torrent pack, I had intended to split 1/2 one month and 1/2 the other month to not go over my bandwidth. I woke the next day to find it all downloaded, so I hope that issue has been resolved (cost me $30 bucks in overage that month).

2) SERIOUS resolution needs to be made to the RSS....I know this is being worked on, but my RSS won't stay on the server with future uses. The good news is it has begun to recognize the address I'm adding, it loads it and I can select items from the list, but does not stay on, and goes away every time I leave. Also, I haven't seen it every automatically download something on the list.

3) Being able to update the Trackers...I have to update all my trackers as my Passkey was reset, and as you can imagine this is going to be a nightmare.

4) Connections/allocations. My downloads only go when I pause all my other ones---my mini fix with this is I allow for 2 or 3 hrs in my scheduler daily to be limited, at which point my downloads usually run as my uploads are limited (It would be nice to know what this limited part is, at least so we can determine if it's uploading at all).

5) Files that are partly downloaded (ie. not all files downloaded) become finished and do not seed! This is not a good feature.

Obviously there is much room for improvement, it would be ideal if we could get uTorrent to just make a version of theirs as an App for Qnap. But there have been large advancements with the server, and maybe some of my issues may have solutions for, so we thank you for taking in our concerns. I'd love to hear back.
parkerc
Easy as a breeze

Post by parkerc »

My recommendation

I'd like to be able to do more via the QManager app (iOS version in my case)

The ability to ..

A) paste URLs to download files from
B) move file or target downloads to a different location
Model Name : QNAP TS-253be (16GB) & TS-453D (16GB)
Firmware Version:: QTS Latest
OS Version : Apple iOS (iPad/Safari Browser)
Number & Type of HDDs : 2 x 3TB WD Reds, Raid 1 & 4 x 4TB WD Reds, Raid 5
Website (When I have time) : http://www.nodecentral.co.uk
aksity
New here

Post by aksity »

Hello,

Suggestions;

- Be able to configure columns.
- Edit trackers
- Do not put limit for the ratio of seed.
- Columns : "pairs"
timmy
Starting out

Post by timmy »

I use RSS download manager to download stuff automatically, but currently it can only check for updates every 12 hours and it is a bit too slow. Please check the update interval setting so that it allows update every 30 minutes or shorter.
woollymoof
New here

Post by woollymoof »

Searched for VPN in this topic and I don't think it was what I was after. I want to be able to see if the unit is downloading via the VPN client. Currently if I'm using the VPN, I can't connect to any websites via Chrome in HD Station, but I'm still downloading a torrent.
Uber1337
New here

Post by Uber1337 »

Please add a feature to add servers manualy to the downloaded torrents.
clemon79
Starting out

Post by clemon79 »

Why does an RSS feed specifically have to be one of torrent files? I had a RSS feed of a video podcast that would have been useful to use with Download Station, and if I copy the Enclosure URL and add it manually, the item works fine, but the feed itself won't automatically download new MP4s. Juswt a stupid limitation to what could be a powerful tool.
Mech75
New here

Post by Mech75 »

My suggest? Copying 1:1 (minus advertising) of uTorrent.
HS-251 2G + Plex + Chromecast
musicfreak

Post by musicfreak »

Mech75 wrote:My suggest? Copying 1:1 (minus advertising) of uTorrent.
there is a Utorrent client but what im missing there is the RSS function like adding filters.

if the download station could works as good as transmission/deluge + a very good rss feed auto downloader like the one from RUtorrent. or deluge might also works if the YArss2 plugin is installed. then i would use the download station and not use all kind of strange things to get it working the way i want.
qnasnew123

Post by qnasnew123 »

Please provide the Chrome Browser download plugin support in the download station.

Thanks
TS-453 Pro
4.3.6 (0895)
simbav
New here

Post by simbav »

Please provide the Safary Browser download plugin support in the download station. Something similar.... https://www.download-station-extension. ... n=settings
Thanks!!!

Return to “Download Station and QGet”