Problems with download station after 4.2.0 upgrade

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
P3R
Guru

Re: Problems with download station after 4.2.0 upgrade

Post by P3R »

DrJ76 wrote:The problem with rights is annoying me... If I start downloads from my mobile, in which I have a different user from admin, then the folders created when the download finishes don´t have rights for admin, only for the user that started the download.

The same happens if I start the download from the download station web using admin user, then is the other user that hasn´t rights to access the folders, grrrr...
As explained earlier in this thread, the multi user capability was added in 4.2 after several users had requested that feature.
Please Qnap, solved this because it is very annoying and it was working perfect with older firmwares....
It's an added feature and a deliberate change of behaviour, complain to those users that asked to have this change...

Whatever a manufacturer do, there will be someone complaining about it... :roll:

Since you for security reasons shouldn't be using admin for general usage anyway, the obvious solution to your problem is that you begin to use the same user for downloads regardless of client used.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Super Brat wrote:I log is an admin (it's the only account I have) but for the life of me can't find the Edit Application Privilege option.
Admin has implicit access to all Apps covered by the Application Privileges - thus the button does not exist under the Actions.
DrJ76 wrote:If I start downloads from my mobile, in which I have a different user from admin, then the folders created when the download finishes don´t have rights for admin, only for the user that started the download. The same happens if I start the download from the download station web using admin user, then is the other user that hasn´t rights to access the folders, grrrr...
There is no reason using two different user accounts and then expect to same access rights you using different user accounts ... and then expect the same access rights?
tomllic
Starting out

Post by tomllic »

jwhite.qn wrote:Anyone figure out how to get RSS feeds working the way they did before? Namely, sorted newest to oldest? Keeping the status of the entries from switching back to "New" would be nice too.
Sorry for the bump, is this now available? Status of my files in the RSS feed keeps going back to "new" when I remove them so they are being downloaded again and again and again...

Return to “Download Station and QGet”