Problems with download station after 4.2.0 upgrade

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
P3R
Guru

Re: Problems with download station after 4.2.0 upgrade

Post by P3R »

McHaggis69 wrote:Have problems with downloads no longer being 'moved' into the download folder when complete...
Please define "complete". End of download or end of seed?

At least in previous versions, downloads are not moved until end of seed.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
McHaggis69
Getting the hang of things

Post by McHaggis69 »

I disagree.
I have my setup to stop seeding at 150%.

In previous versions of DS all my downloads have shown in the completed folder as soon as they (wait fort it) are downloaded... to suggest a download isn't finished until it has seeded is just madness.
bdeman
First post

Post by bdeman »

Downgrading to firmeware 4.1.4 ill hope that fix that :( :( :( :( :( :(
CKJBeOS

Post by CKJBeOS »

Hi,

Same problem not possible to re-seed download after update i see "verifing process" of file but at this time, it's always try to download, it's not possible to re-seed ;(
please help.

Regards,
- CKJBeOS - Cedric Vincent
Pixs'n Bits :: iPhone & iPad Games and Applications
http://itunes.apple.com/fr/artist/pixsn ... d332102344
http://www.pixsnbits.com

My QNAP informations...
TS-231 with 2 HDD Segeate NAS RAID 1
Firmware : Version 4.3.6
used OS : macOS (Big Sur)
UPS : APC Back-UPS ES 550 (BE550-FR)
CKJBeOS

Post by CKJBeOS »

ok get info to re-seed and work !
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 93#p509993

thx.
- CKJBeOS - Cedric Vincent
Pixs'n Bits :: iPhone & iPad Games and Applications
http://itunes.apple.com/fr/artist/pixsn ... d332102344
http://www.pixsnbits.com

My QNAP informations...
TS-231 with 2 HDD Segeate NAS RAID 1
Firmware : Version 4.3.6
used OS : macOS (Big Sur)
UPS : APC Back-UPS ES 550 (BE550-FR)
wikiped
New here

Post by wikiped »

Latest (4.2) update being so "revamped", "refined" and "refreshed" completely screwed up the files that were already downloaded moving them to some weird location (indeed without any user consent - why bother).

Where can I download qpkg for Download Station 4.1.4 ?
wikiped
New here

Post by wikiped »

It seems the latest (before 4.2 update) version was 4.0.5 and is available here.

But it does not seem to work with new firmware - shows "Download Station is currently offline." when you try to access it via web interface... Qget also fails to access it.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

wikiped wrote:Latest (4.2) update being so "revamped", "refined" and "refreshed" completely screwed up the files that were already downloaded moving them to some weird location (indeed without any user consent - why bother).
The QTS 4.2 Download Station was made multi-user capable (following long-year community requests) - when you re-think this fact it's not that weird.
DrJ76
Know my way around

Post by DrJ76 »

Nobody says anything about the email notifications not working?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

DrJ76 wrote:Nobody says anything about the email notifications not working?
To many e-mails, not appropriate for notifications in my opinion, never used for these reasons. Curious - when used the e-mail be sent - on finished download finished, or on seeding finished?
DrJ76
Know my way around

Post by DrJ76 »

In the last version I think that the mail was sent when the downloads reached 100%
DrJ76
Know my way around

Post by DrJ76 »

The way download station works now is so weird. About notificarions:

-I enter qget un the mobile, navigate to a web page and select a torrent file, and it asks me if I want to open it with qget, I say yes, and most of the times the task is added to the download station.
-Inmediatly I get an email saying the torrent fils has downloaded, if I enter download station, I have now to tasks, one for the torrent file, and one for the download itself. With other versions I did not have the torrent file download, and I got no email about this download, only the download of the big files....

So, the question is, why I am getting the email of the torrent file download, and I don´t get the emails when the big download is finished?....

Best regards.
DrJ76
Know my way around

Post by DrJ76 »

Weel, I have changed the settings in the bt part of download station. I have setup the sharing time to 30 minutes, and with this change, the download I tested get the state finished and I got the email, so I guess that the problems with the notifications are related to this. Can anyone refresh what does this setting of sharing time do?... I guess that it is the time that the file will be shared from my nas, but f it is so, why the system doesn´t send me the mail when the download is finished?, It shouldn´t matter if the file is shared or not, as long as it has finished downloading it should send the mail....

Best regards.

EDIT: The setting after the upgrade was changed to "always", so the downloads were shared forever and never enter in the stat finished, and only in state finished the system sends the mails, it looks...
EDIT2: It seems that the defult settig with the last version of download station was manual sharing or something like that, and now this option does not exist, the minimum is 30 minutes....

I guess that the best solution for notifications is to send the mail when the download reaches 100% of download, no matter if the download after that is shared or not....

EDIT3: After the download finishes been shared and the state is finished, it is automatically moved to download folder, like before the upgrade...
DrJ76
Know my way around

Post by DrJ76 »

Well, yesterday I was talking to a spanish support member, and he agreed with me that the upgrade was released too son without testing it enough..... and He also added that maybe they tried to do too many things in a single update, they should have spread tha new features in different updates....

Best regards...
Nadzzz
New here

Post by Nadzzz »

So I've tried transmission:
It's pretty tricky, as I'm not a coder/programmer. But so far, on the plus side, it's VERY fast, feels like a proper client. It's smarter, and more usable than the new download station. On the cons: I am having a hard time figuring out how to code the Torrent Watch-X part of the app for RSS. And I can't figure out how to set it up through a proxy.

So Patrick....teach us more! We're always interested in hearing.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”