Adding new Site to Download Station BT

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
DickyDck
Getting the hang of things

Adding new Site to Download Station BT

Post by DickyDck »

Anyone with a better understanding of Linux can maybe help me with adding a new torrent site in the beta 4.3 Download station? was trying to add Demonoid, and H33T.

http://download.qnap.com/dev/download-s ... ide_v4.pdf

Apparently you can upload a file with all the parameters for a new site, but I'm not savy enough to figure it out on my own, maybe if someone could post an example?
danquesin
Starting out

Re: Adding new Site to Download Station BT

Post by danquesin »

Hey there, I'm new to this too! I thought i would have to learn Linux, but it's not that hard after all ;-)

In Download Station, click on the gear thingy to go to Settings, then the rightmost tab, File Hosting Account. From there, you'll have to add any existing BT accounts you have on BT sites.
For example, RARBG, Extratorrent, etc. If you don't have an account on any BT site, you'll have to make one. Now that you have a BT account on Extratorrent for example, click on Add Account on that File Hosting Account tab you have open on Download station, and just add the typical login info there. Name: extratorrent.cc and your username and password
Hope that helps, it works for me! Now when I search, I get results from MY favorite BT sites!
TS-451 8gb
DickyDck

Post by DickyDck »

so for the name you would put the URL to the site?
DickyDck

Post by DickyDck »

Ok, I don't think this is working for me, once I get home and can take some screen shots I'll better explain
danquesin
Starting out

Post by danquesin »

DickyDck wrote:so for the name you would put the URL to the site?
Yeah, like i just put "http://extratorrent.cc" for the name, then my login and password for extratorrent.cc
TS-451 8gb
DickyDck

Post by DickyDck »

well in this case demonoid doesn't work that way, and extratorrent.cc is already part of download station by default.
danquesin
Starting out

Post by danquesin »

DickyDck wrote:...and extratorrent.cc is already part of download station by default.
Oh! Sorry about that, I didn't remember seeing it before I added the account :ashamed:
TS-451 8gb
DickyDck

Post by DickyDck »

lol, no problem. The only way to get a new site is with that link I posted which is requiring nothing too difficult I don't think, but difficult for me as I don't do linux nor do I want to try with a 500 dollar NAS unit and potentially break it because I put a line of code somewhere I wasn't supposed to :p
danquesin
Starting out

Post by danquesin »

Yeah, I hear that. So I wonder what the point is of adding those accounts, if they don't seem to add trackers or anything :?
TS-451 8gb
miniteeg
Starting out

Post by miniteeg »

on Settings==>Add-on, there is a + sign, it needs a file to add new torrent source. I wonder what format and content this file should be.
paul2017
New here

Post by paul2017 »

miniteeg wrote:on Settings==>Add-on, there is a + sign, it needs a file to add new torrent source. I wonder what format and content this file should be.
+1
onlyumike
New here

Post by onlyumike »

Hope some one could help on this topic.
Model: TS-451A -- RAM: 8G -- FW: QTS 4.5.1.1540
NAS HDDs --RAID0 1x8TB; RAID5: 3x8TB

Return to “Download Station and QGet”